AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Radiohead News - Page 18
Displaying posts 255 - 270 of 611.
02:27 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
Needs to be pointed out. I thought that statement was laughable, especially coming from him.
Weird how who it comes from makes it more or less laughable.

Still not a pop-punk album. Unless you have a very loose definition of pop-punk. I don't.
02:27 PM on 12/07/09
themadsilentist
(the oncoming storm)
User Info.
Loving the discussion in this thread.
02:28 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
Paris was mainstream, not her music.
Her music was mainstream too. I heard that shit all over MTV and it was in the front of every cd store.
k1guitar
Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
can anyone understand its simply a counter point of just the mass worshiping at the church of yorke? hell he clearly laudes ok computer, tthe bends and pablo honey, hes just not a huge fan of the post Kid-A output. read the freaking article!
Jason Tate
User Info.
Shit i'll be back in a week after I'm done reading that.

I guess I'm just not seeing how you can say the bands music isn't mainstream, but the band is mainstream. I can't disconnect the band from the music.
Like this:
The way I see it the band isn't mainstream, but the music is popular.

The band has reached a mainstream level of success without entering the mainstream of music.
02:29 PM on 12/07/09
PaperRival-Jake
User Info.
Paris Hilton was famous as fuck before her album came out, so of course she's in the mainstream. Doesn't matter if it didn't sell, you see her face all over and heard about her album on every TV channel. If you're trying to attack what I said about ticket and album sales, well this is a different kind of case because she was in the mainstream beforehand.
Oh, so there are variables to your equation. I'm ok with that.
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
maybe they are. maybe they're not. it's all opinion. look at the title of this thread. music is subjective, as is all art.
Surprise of the year, a dude in a pop punk band doesn't like radiohead.
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
Weird how who it comes from makes it more or less laughable.

Still not a pop-punk album. Unless you have a very loose definition of pop-punk. I don't.
Oh, ok. So, because I play in a band that's not pop punk, I can't classify things as pop punk.

You on the other hand run a website with punk in the name, which must make you an expert on punk music.
02:30 PM on 12/07/09
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
this...cant stand radiohead
Third, at least.
Radiohead is the band that people who don't know anything about music claim to love just because it's Radiohead. Also, they're the reason Miley Cyrus got into music as a business.
02:30 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
Yea but Kid A and the stuff after is their best music. Well OK Computer is amazing too of course.
02:31 PM on 12/07/09
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
haha

this thread needs to stop.
Paris was well known for being hot, rich and slutty, not for her music.
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shit i'll be back in a week after I'm done reading that.

I guess I'm just not seeing how you can say the bands music isn't mainstream, but the band is mainstream. I can't disconnect the band from the music.

The way I see it the band isn't mainstream, but the music is popular.

The band has reached a mainstream level of success without entering the mainstream of music.
They've entered the mainstream in music in the sense that whatever they do, modern rock radio will talk about it and play it and pop stations will often play it. MTV will play it and nominate it for their awards regardless of how good it is. Radiohead, especially since the pay for your download, are a band that if you ask anyone (that hasn't gone off to live off the land in some remote jungle), they will have at least heard of them. So most of their music may not be the mainstream pop radio standards, but they're such a part of the cultural landscape in this era that the band itself has become mainstream. Radiohead are mainstream because they're Radiohead.
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
Third, at least.
Radiohead is the band that people who don't know anything about music claim to love just because it's Radiohead. Also, they're the reason Miley Cyrus got into music as a business.
This is the worst fucking thing I've read in the entire thread.
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
Third, at least.
The reason Radiohead achieved that level of typicality in the first place was because... HOLY SHIT! they make good music.
02:32 PM on 12/07/09
froston
User Info.
Yeah dude that's what I've been trying to say. Damn internet communications.

I didn't see you specifically word it like that (That the band reached a mainstream level of success without being mainstream).

Word.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums