Username
Password
Radiohead News - Page 19
Displaying posts 270 - 285 of 611.
02:32 PM on 12/07/09
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
If the blink 182 s/t isn't pop punk, than what is it? Emo? It's certainly not anything indie, and the choruses of 90% of the songs sound like definitions of dark/moody pop punk.
02:33 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
Oh, ok. So, because I play in a band that's not pop punk, I can't classify things as pop punk.
Never said that at all. What a weird straw man ...

You on the other hand run a website with punk in the name, which must make you an expert on punk music.
Nope.
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Weird how who it comes from makes it more or less laughable.

Still not a pop-punk album. Unless you have a very loose definition of pop-punk. I don't.
Isn't that really the true core of this "argument" if anyone will admit to arguing in this neutral setting we have here. Obviously people's definitions vary, its just how things are, some people could argue that blink-182 being a pop-punk band by definition would constitute the record being pop-punk, but thats all based on opinion. What happened to the days when AP.NET was a friendly place to express ones view, this place was such a venue for peace and expression, and now its turned into blabbermouth.net.
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
–adjective 3. belonging to or characteristic of a principal, dominant, or widely accepted group, movement, style, etc.: mainstream Republicans; a mainstream artist.

what widely accepted group, movement, or style are they a part of? they're music is unique and different from everyone else. again, just because they're massively popular doesn't mean mainstream. it just means successful. but you're gonna continue acting like the big boss around here that's right so there's no point in continuing this.
This non-genre called indie is pretty much run by Radiohead these days.
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
If the blink 182 s/t isn't pop punk, than what is it? Emo? It's certainly not anything indie, and the choruses of 90% of the songs sound like definitions of dark/moody pop punk.
Seriously, if "Go" isn't pop punk, then pop punk doesn't exist.
PaperRival-Jake
User Info.
Third, at least.
Radiohead is the band that people who don't know anything about music claim to love just because it's Radiohead. Also, they're the reason Miley Cyrus got into music as a business.
That's a very general statement/accusation. I'm relatively offended by it too. I like Radiohead but also feel like I know something or another about music. Maybe I don't. Maybe that's why I quit Paper Rival? I liked Radiohead when I was in Paper Rival, therefore I didn't know anything about music, therefore I was unhappy as a musician, therefore I quit and now I work at a thrift store.

Thanks, Ari.
Theseventhson
User Info.
Third, at least.
Radiohead is the band that people who don't know anything about music claim to love just because it's Radiohead. Also, they're the reason Miley Cyrus got into music as a business.
Or Radiohead is an extremely talented band.
02:34 PM on 12/07/09
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
The reason Radiohead achieved that level of typicality in the first place was because... HOLY SHIT! they make good music.
This. One of the few bands that can sell records and receive essentially universal critical acclaim for everything they do.
Jason Tate
User Info.
They've entered the mainstream in music in the sense that whatever they do, modern rock radio will talk about it and play it and pop stations will often play it. MTV will play it and nominate it for their awards regardless of how good it is. Radiohead, especially since the pay for your download, are a band that if you ask anyone (that hasn't gone off to live off the land in some remote jungle), they will have at least heard of them. So most of their music may not be the mainstream pop radio standards, but they're such a part of the cultural landscape in this era that the band itself has become mainstream. Radiohead are mainstream because they're Radiohead.
Even TMZ loves them.
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pop punk is wayyy too broad these days. Under what we call pop punk, Hanson could be pop punk.
02:35 PM on 12/07/09
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
I definitely would not say that. They're regarded very highly, but can you name a popular indie band that sounds like Radiohead?
Theseventhson
User Info.
That's a very general statement/accusation. I'm relatively offended by it too. I like Radiohead but also feel like I know something or another about music. Maybe I don't. Maybe that's why I quit Paper Rival? I liked Radiohead when I was in Paper Rival, therefore I didn't know anything about music, therefore I was unhappy as a musician, therefore I quit and now I work at a thrift store.

Thanks, Ari.
Hahahahaha, your posts are so ace.
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
While we're at it, I've never really understood the usage of the word indie with Radiohead.
02:36 PM on 12/07/09
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
Pop punk is wayyy too broad these days. Under what we call pop punk, Hanson could be pop punk.
Regardless of what Hanson could be called, they still suck.
02:36 PM on 12/07/09
Theseventhson
User Info.
While we're at it, I've never really understood the usage of the word indie with Radiohead.
Because Pitchfork loves them, people tend to lump everything on Pitchfork as indie.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests