AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Radiohead News - Page 25
Displaying posts 360 - 375 of 611.
03:17 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
What? That there was more news about Radiohead when they released In Rainbows then when Coldplay was doing nothing?
Not exactly the correlative I was going for ...
03:17 PM on 12/07/09
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
What are you trying to prove?
03:18 PM on 12/07/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
Not exactly the correlative I was going for ...
Then you should state what you're going for, Jason. Your ambiguity gets you nowhere with anyone but yourself.
03:20 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
You always seem to link irrelevant information and then fail to explain any sort of point. Do those reviews contain the words pop punk? (Yes, some do) For those that don't, do those reviews contain something instead, or do they just not bother to define the genre of one of the most widely known pop punk bands at all?
I said reviews did not call it pop-punk. Link proved that. You can keep thinking it is. Enjoy.

So, for the record, Jason Tate thinks that PlayRadioPlay's Madi Don't Leave is as pop punk as Blink 182's "Go". Hilarious.
Where did I say that?

What does news volume have to do with anything?
It'll come to you.
03:20 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
Then you should state what you're going for, Jason. Your ambiguity gets you nowhere with anyone but yourself.
... figured the tag "interesting" was a good enough description for most people.

I'm growing tired of you.
03:21 PM on 12/07/09
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
I feel like pop punk enthusiasts often have some sort of bias against Radiohead because they are extremely popular even though they are not immediately catchy.
03:22 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
What are you trying to prove?
That it's interesting how the two phrases compare and contrast in news volume. One very mainstream (probably universally accepted) band and one (by some) not considered mainstream. I was interested at the numbers when looking at such a massive sample size.
Jason Tate
User Info.
I feel like pop punk enthusiasts often have some sort of bias against Radiohead because they are extremely popular even though they are not immediately catchy.
... I like Radiohead.

Try ... again?
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
I said reviews did not call it pop-punk. Link proved that. You can keep thinking it is. Enjoy.
The link did not prove that. That's like saying "New article X did not state that Obama is a Democrat! IS HE ONE??!?!?!"

Fuck yes Obama is a Democrat, but they don't need to tell you that in every article.

Where did I say that?
You know where you said it. I'm not playing these games with you. Prove your point or shut your mouth.

No, it won't. Because it is illogical to think that a correlation in news volume implies a correlation in fan bases.
03:23 PM on 12/07/09
Rustash
User Info.
Wooooow. Led Zeppelin and The Beatles are on your shit list? You know that no music you listen to would be here if it wasn't for either of those bands right?
Never said shitlist, i just think people hype them up way more than they should be. And i highly doubt the music that's around today was totally dependent on just those two bands alone. The Who and Genesis were around at the same time they were, The Beatles and Led Zepplin just got more press at the time.
03:24 PM on 12/07/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
... figured the tag "interesting" was a good enough description for most people.

I'm growing tired of you.
And I'm growing tired of your ambiguous non-arguments.

HOLY SHIT! THEY MUST SHARE 0 FANS!?!!!!!
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I think this is one, very true, reason why Radiohead threads get out of control on this site.
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
... I like Radiohead.

Try ... again?
I wasn't referring specifically to you. You can see it in basically any Radiohead thread on this site.
Theseventhson
User Info.
Never said shitlist, i just think people hype them up way more than they should be. And i highly doubt the music that's around today was totally dependent on just those two bands alone. The Who and Genesis were around at the same time they were, The Beatles and Led Zepplin just got more press at the time.
The Beatles were HUGE when those bands formed
03:26 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
The link did not prove that. That's like saying "New article X did not state that Obama is a Democrat! IS HE ONE??!?!?!"
No, that would be like saying "New article X did not state that Obama is a Democrat!"

You know where you said it. I'm not playing these games with you. Prove your point or shut your mouth.
Never once said that. I don't think your music is pop-punk either. Just said I'd accept the self-titled being pop-punk if you accept Texas was.

Yeah, you don't get to talk to me like that. Just not smart. Never once did I tell you to shut your mouth.

No, it won't. Because it is illogical to think that a correlation in news volume implies a correlation in fan bases.
It clearly implies a correlation in popularity and media exposure.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums