Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Self Promotion Spotlight: The Body Rampant

Posted by: Gregory Robson (12/13/09)
This week's installment of the Self Promotion Spotlight is California's The Body Rampant. Want to be featured in the Self-Promotion Spotlight Forum? It's easy, just sign up for an AP account, post in the forum and leave the rest to us. Head to the replies, to read more about The Body Rampant.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8.
06:03 AM on 12/13/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
The Body Rampant

The Body Rampant is the braintrust of 24-year-old Fortuna, CA resident J.M. Lopez, who lives a self-described life constructed in a "positive manner with the hopes that others will do the same." J.M. performs music that is intricate, abstract and chill-inducing. Most of the songs on his August EP Beast begin with gorgeous, classical piano lines before diving into jagged, art-rock. Beast was a compelling album because it featured skilled guitarwork and impassioned singing. On his November release the Framework EP, he takes a huge step forward thanks to the production work of Casey Bates. "Midwest Mistrust," features soaring vocalwork and a ragged, herky-jerky rhythm, while "Simply Don't Argue," is a should-be iPod staple and the kind of song to pass along to friends. Lopez' MO is the soft-loud, soft-loud dynamic, which is utilized most effectively on album closer "Artax Please." With seven songs released since August, The Body Rampant is most definitely a legit under-the-radar contender and a band to be taken seriously in the months to come.

Recommended If You Like Dredg, Thrice, As Cities Burn, Radiohead

Find Him Here Website
Myspace
06:43 AM on 12/13/09
Unique Dragon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
pretty damn good
07:15 AM on 12/13/09
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
I downloaded the Beast Ep a while ago, as it was a Free Music Friday download. It's pretty sick and definitely shows great potential.
07:38 AM on 12/13/09
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
I am quite impressed.
08:06 AM on 12/13/09
doubleA
User Info.
I recently downloading the Framework Ep and really liked it.
I was kinda confused about the video at first because the music sounded like As Tall As Lions.
Now i realize its a video of them recording.
10:17 AM on 12/13/09
steveC
User Info.
wow, that was really really good.
05:24 PM on 12/13/09
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
I don't really understand why you would do a studio video with another bands song over it...but I like the band name.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS