Password

Album Review

We The Kings - Smile, Kid Album Cover

We The Kings - Smile, Kid

Reviewed by
We The Kings - Smile, Kid
Record Label: S-Curve Records
Release Date: December 8, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from cwhit412. You can see all of cwhit412's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
08:59 PM on 12/29/09
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
I love shitty pop music marketed to 12 year old girls, and even I haven't been able to make it through this whole CD yet.
10:22 PM on 12/29/09
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
We The Kings suffers from Nickelback syndrome. They write the same song over and over and over and over...
08:29 AM on 12/30/09
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
i agree, i think it will be a grower for most. but it bored me to tears so it might not grow on me.
10:00 AM on 12/30/09
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
More reviews on my blog. http://muzikdizcovery.blogspot.com

I also have a new writer, who most of you will probably like better. Just being honest.
11:26 AM on 01/02/10
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
User Info.
More reviews on my blog. http://muzikdizcovery.blogspot.com

I also have a new writer, who most of you will probably like better. Just being honest.
I like them a lot.

Only thing I'd say would be to rate them at the end, but the way that it is is good.
10:00 PM on 01/03/10
nathaniel
User Info.
I was disappointed in this album. Then again, I wasn't really expecting much in the first place. I do enjoy She Takes Me High though.
08:00 AM on 01/04/10
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
Your style has clearly improved. Compared to your Artist VS Poet review, this is Pulitzer Prize worthy. Just a few suggestions:
-don't oversimplify and don't be informal (ie "it is definetely a good pop album" is an oversimplification, and "I'll admit i was worried" is way too informal. You can admit concern over the album, but not in such an informal manner).
-your readers are bound to suffer from "tl;dr syndrome." Try to condense and tighten your style further, so a review doesn't sprawl over pages and pages. That's a disadvantage of a song-by-song review. I used to do stuff like that too, and only recently broke out of it. It's not easy, but try to ID the overall strongest and weakest aspects of the album, and cite certain songs according to those aspects.
03:50 PM on 01/16/10
katya22
User Info.
I dunno. I didn't like She Takes Me High so much, or Heaven Can Wait. I liked Promise the Stars, other than the lyrics, but they're not as bad as in She Takes Me High. The first thing I thought was "*sigh* ONLY We the Kings would start a song with 'Last night's dream we rode our bike's to our tree house by the sea *headdesk/facepalm*" And I definitely agree about everything sounding the same. They have a million different versions of Skyway Avenue on this album and it's so repetitive.

That being said, I can't bring myself to completely dislike WTK, just because they seem like really cool, nice guys and I can never dislike good people. Plus their songs are good to dance around to in your room when you feel really happy.
Yupp.
08:43 AM on 01/21/10
TERRABITHIA
Lights, Camera, Action.
User Info.
"We'll be a dream" is a cool tune
06:37 AM on 01/25/10
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Your style has clearly improved. Compared to your Artist VS Poet review, this is Pulitzer Prize worthy. Just a few suggestions:
-don't oversimplify and don't be informal (ie "it is definetely a good pop album" is an oversimplification, and "I'll admit i was worried" is way too informal. You can admit concern over the album, but not in such an informal manner).
-your readers are bound to suffer from "tl;dr syndrome." Try to condense and tighten your style further, so a review doesn't sprawl over pages and pages. That's a disadvantage of a song-by-song review. I used to do stuff like that too, and only recently broke out of it. It's not easy, but try to ID the overall strongest and weakest aspects of the album, and cite certain songs according to those aspects.
Thanks, that means a lot.
I've been working hard on improving my reviews. Hopefully my next one (up on the site soon!) will make this one look shitty. That's my goal. To make each review look worse with every new one.
If that makes sense. :)
07:00 PM on 05/11/11
pashliee
"Can I Deflate You?"
User Info.
not gonna lie... i honestly liked the first album better.... but, maybe it's because i downloaded most of this one first haha... anyway, "Spin" is one of my favorites, as is "What You Do To Me" and I especially liked "Promise The Stars" and "The Story Of Your Life"

I, too, was afraid for the Demi Lovato track, but I now LOVE IT.

hahaha the end, i guess

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version