Password

Album Review
HIM - Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice Album Cover

HIM - Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice

Reviewed by
HIM - Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice
Record Label: Sire/Reprise
Release Date: February 9, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
04:40 PM on 02/12/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
My friend let me borrow four HIM cds in 10th grade. I actually liked Venus Doom and Darklight. But recently I tried to get back into them. I guess I grew out of them cause now I just find their lyrics cringe-worthy. Whatever. Nice review though, Jeremy...as always.
06:49 PM on 02/12/10
demondays524
welcometonormal.tumblr.co m
User Info.
My friend let me borrow four HIM cds in 10th grade. I actually liked Venus Doom and Darklight. But recently I tried to get back into them. I guess I grew out of them cause now I just find their lyrics cringe-worthy. Whatever. Nice review though, Jeremy...as always.
I agree with all of this. This isn't a bad album, but I'm just finding it difficult getting back into them.
10:15 PM on 02/12/10
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
No one in this country should ever speak negatively of Him. We are fortunate that this band even bothers to spend any of their time here. Screamworks owns. Ville really impresses with his lyrics all over this. Squire and Avron really shined it up, but it works as a nice counterpoint to the lengths of Venus Doom.
11:15 PM on 02/12/10
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
No one in this country should ever speak negatively of Him. We are fortunate that this band even bothers to spend any of their time here. Screamworks owns. Ville really impresses with his lyrics all over this. Squire and Avron really shined it up, but it works as a nice counterpoint to the lengths of Venus Doom.

11:24 PM on 02/12/10
andthetruthwill
User Info.
No clue what a random picture of a cartoon character means. Do you have actual words?
05:56 AM on 02/13/10
bolgy99
Adam
User Info.
No clue what a random picture of a cartoon character means. Do you have actual words?
Your fanboy rant was more than enough words. "Random picture of a cartoon character" sums it up near perfectly.

Nice review Jeremy. States very well "DO NOT WANT" without completely ripping on the band.
08:22 AM on 02/13/10
Jake Denning
User Info.
Yeah, HIM only seems to be doing decent when Bam Margera is active on TV, and at this time he is not, so I can see this CD bombing.
08:30 AM on 02/13/10
andthetruthwill
User Info.
Your fanboy rant was more than enough words. "Random picture of a cartoon character" sums it up near perfectly.

Nice review Jeremy. States very well "DO NOT WANT" without completely ripping on the band.
It seems like every Him posting, there's never anyone who actually knows anything about the band or has listened through their nearly thirteen years of making records. It would be nice to actually converse with someone who knows something about the band and their music and the dynamics of each record.
08:59 AM on 02/13/10
bolgy99
Adam
User Info.
It seems like every Him posting, there's never anyone who actually knows anything about the band or has listened through their nearly thirteen years of making records. It would be nice to actually converse with someone who knows something about the band and their music and the dynamics of each record.
I suggest AP is not the best place to seek stimulating conversations about HIM. I like bands that don't rate with people on here too, but I have other places to discuss those bands.
10:19 AM on 02/13/10
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
How dare we question HIM's greatness.

/sarcasm
10:50 AM on 02/13/10
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
I own a Heartagram shirt and have never even listened to a HIM song. Just happened to like the design and was shopping with a fangirl at the time. In fact, I'm wearing it right now. That's kind of funny, actually.

Hey, maybe I'm the guy you saw!
11:11 AM on 02/13/10
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
HIM have like 1 solid album (Razorblade Romance) and a few good songs (which were all featured on various CKY DVDs/Haggard) I will always look at this band as associated with Bam Margera. The whole "love metal" concept gets old after 6 albums, wouldnt you think?
11:15 AM on 02/13/10
lovemetal24
User Info.
aoty
11:40 AM on 02/13/10
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
.....Get out of my country.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version