AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
This Day and Age News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 267.
05:30 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
Anybody in concert you have never seen but would love to?
yes, i had tickets to see MJ in london -- that was sad.. still need to see arcade fire
05:30 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Watch any other shows besides 24?
lost (to answer our other friend) curb your enthusiasm, arrested development, freaks and geeks, family guy...just got into dexter, and recently stopped hating the office and like it now.
05:31 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
Welll I'm just glad you guys made this album it's amazing and so nice to hear Jeff's voice again lol (That kinda sounds creepy lmao)
no, it's ok . thank you! please tell your friends
jmartin
User Info.
Jeff,

Do you ever listen to Jeremy Larson? Your singing voices sound almost exactly the same to me, and I love you both
i only listened to him a couple months ago for the first time because i kept hearing the comparison..
Phllpcbllrs
Phillip Caballeros
User Info.
yes, i had tickets to see MJ in london -- that was sad.. still need to see arcade fire
Bummer. Arcade Fire is solid. Saw them at an outside performance next to a river. About as epic as epic gets.
05:32 PM on 02/15/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I have a serious question - what do you guys think about the scene now? It's certainly way different than it used to be when This Day & Age were around. It's almost as if new good bands are hard to come by.

Do you feel like the quality of music has dropped?
jmartin
User Info.
Bummer. Arcade Fire is solid. Saw them at an outside performance next to a river. About as epic as epic gets.
what about you? who do you want to see?
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Anybody in concert you have never seen but would love to?
ryuichi sakamoto, radiohead, pat metheny group, hiromi
05:34 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
I have a serious question - what do you guys think about the scene now? It's certainly way different than it used to be when This Day & Age were around. It's almost as if new good bands are hard to come by.

Do you feel like the quality of music has dropped?
another question i could write a book about... it has changed so much -- half the time i check ap.net, i feel like i'm 90 years old..yes, the quality and more importantly, what people expect from music has decreased.. it seems people accept it because that's all there is.. it's honestly one of the saddest things to me.. that's why sincerity in my music is one of the most important things.
05:35 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
steven how did the mayo cake taste.

do you plan on teaming up with hostess and releasing your own line of mayo cakes?

more serious talk.

Do you guys plan on playing any shows to support the record?

mayo cake was (surprisingly?) one of the most disgusting things i've ever done in my life. i know it sounds bad, but it was worse. shows for this project is just something that at this point seems near impossible to coordinate. jeff and i are each involved in so many different things. but i mean. who knows.
05:35 PM on 02/15/10
Phllpcbllrs
Phillip Caballeros
User Info.
what about you? who do you want to see?
Bloc Party, Phoenix, and Keane. Phoenix just released some dates and are actually playing a show here in Louisville, KY. Pumped. For some reason I can never seem to catch Bloc Party. I saw Brand New up in Chicago at the House of Blues a couple years ago and that night I found out Bloc Party was playing the next night there and it had already sold out. Broke my heart. Ha.
05:36 PM on 02/15/10
mercedesbens
User Info.
i only listened to him a couple months ago for the first time because i kept hearing the comparison..
Thoughts on him?
05:36 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
I will be your official go-to-girl for AP.net coverage if you do that!

You can't beat that deal.
lueda thank you for this by the way. and for giving jeff a hard time. double points.
05:37 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
mayo cake was (surprisingly?) one of the most disgusting things i've ever done in my life. i know it sounds bad, but it was worse. shows for this project is just something that at this point seems near impossible to coordinate. jeff and i are each involved in so many different things. but i mean. who knows.
i would love if we could both find just a week and do some northeast shows.. who knows. life isn't slowing down
05:37 PM on 02/15/10
Phllpcbllrs
Phillip Caballeros
User Info.
ryuichi sakamoto, radiohead, pat metheny group, hiromi
I saw Radiohead in Indianapolis back in '08 and I would do anything to see them again. The stage and their performance was just mind blowing.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums