AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
This Day and Age News - Page 17
Displaying posts 240 - 255 of 267.
06:11 PM on 02/15/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
a couple friends of mine that you should listen to, if possible: trevor gordon hall: the best guitarist i know...
and dinner and a suit: they keep getting better and better
Haha I can't believe you mentioned Dinner and a Suit. I don't know if you know those guys, but I've been working with them this year and I'm trying to promote them a bit more. I set up an exclusive last month too and it went pretty well.

I think they're great. If The Fray can make it, so can they!
06:12 PM on 02/15/10
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
How come you guys didnt make a video for a song off The Bell & The Hammer?
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
anymore questions for me, my friends?
Well if at any time you're really bored, I'd love long winded, overly personal bios for the vast majority of the TDAA songs that were made hahahah - there's just something about hearing it straight from the horses mouth that makes the songs mean that much more.

Any actual vocal training? Did you always want to be a vocalist? Would you ever work with Aaron Sprinkle haha?
jmartin
User Info.
Haha I can't believe you mentioned Dinner and a Suit. I don't know if you know those guys, but I've been working with them this year and I'm trying to promote them a bit more. I set up an exclusive last month too and it went pretty well.

I think they're great. If The Fray can make it, so can they!
very good friends of mine
06:13 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Why either of those? Do you just like them or?

I've considered becoming a counselor (or a psychologist) before because of the big impact that my own had in high school, but I think it would depresses me eventually.
i'll answer before i leave :). i'd love to be in a position to help people everyday. i know it sounds cliche, but its true. like you said, i know the influence certain people have had on me, and i'd love the opportunity to be that for other people. i think the school system and the way we treat students is becoming more and more disgusting. i think there are better ways to help kids than catering to their nonsense and making everything easier. we need to raise standards and not accept failure. i think we need to be sensitive of course, but not allow students to just have everything handed to them based on hardship. thats where the human spirit is found and able to thrive. i'd love to be in a position to try to pursue this sort of way of thinking. it'd be difficult of course, but i'd love to try.
jmartin
User Info.
How come you guys didnt make a video for a song off The Bell & The Hammer?
honestly, the band ended pretty quickly after the release.. not much time to make one.. although we had a great idea for the bell and the hammer
danielkrae
Haunt // Bed
User Info.
the bell & the hammer is the most beautiful album i've ever heard. thank you.
06:14 PM on 02/15/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
very good friends of mine
You guys should bring your bands to Canada so we can hang out!
Phllpcbllrs
Phillip Caballeros
User Info.
Jeff, do you have any music guilty pleasures?
jmartin
User Info.
Well if at any time you're really bored, I'd love long winded, overly personal bios for the vast majority of the TDAA songs that were made hahahah - there's just something about hearing it straight from the horses mouth that makes the songs mean that much more.

Any actual vocal training? Did you always want to be a vocalist? Would you ever work with Aaron Sprinkle haha?
i did take some voice lessons.. very helpful for me. and i didn't always know i wanted to sing; it came along quite late
06:15 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
the bell & the hammer is the most beautiful album i've ever heard. thank you.
thank you very much! wow. so kind
Lueda Alia
User Info.
i'll answer before i leave :). i'd love to be in a position to help people everyday. i know it sounds cliche, but its true. like you said, i know the influence certain people have had on me, and i'd love the opportunity to be that for other people. i think the school system and the way we treat students is becoming more and more disgusting. i think there are better ways to help kids than catering to their nonsense and making everything easier. we need to raise standards and not accept failure. i think we need to be sensitive of course, but not allow students to just have everything handed to them based on hardship. thats where the human spirit is found and able to thrive. i'd love to be in a position to try to pursue this sort of way of thinking. it'd be difficult of course, but i'd love to try.
I think that's the right attitude to have, so you should definitely give it a chance some day. One of my former teachers was.. well, a teacher, and a professional wrestler at the same time. You can live both dreams!

Thank you for replying. Have a good night!
jusscali
User Info.
Favorite line/verse you've ever heard/you're ever written yourself?
06:16 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
Jeff, do you have any music guilty pleasures?
i like justin timberlake
06:16 PM on 02/15/10
jusscali
User Info.
I'm with you 100%
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News