AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Virgin Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus To Play Benefit Show In AL

Posted by - 02:51 PM on 04/16/07
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus will be playing a benefit concert in Enterprise, AL on May 3rd for those affected by a devastating tornado last month.
Press ReleaseWHAT: Virgin Records recording artist/Gold Record recipients The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus will present a special outdoor benefit concert in Enterprise, Alabama on Thursday, May 3, 2007 it was announced today by RJA vocalist Ronnie Winter on local Top 40 radio station 106.7 WKMX.

The community was affected by a devastating tornado last month that caused nine deaths, injured 121 others and left severe damage in the city. The worst damage occurred at Enterprise High School, where eight students died after a hallway roof collapsed. A quarter mile (400 m) wide swath through the downtown area was devastated, with at least 370 houses damaged or destroyed.

Enterprise High School's prom song was RJA's "Your Guardian Angel."

Tickets are $16. with 100% of sales going to Enterprise High School relief efforts (Enterprise students get in free with I.D). Tickets sale locations to be announced shortly, as well as possible guest artists.

WHEN: Thursday, May 3, 2007. Gates open at 5:30PM, show starts at 7PM with local opening acts.

WHERE: The PFC Football Field at Fort Rucker; Dale County, Alabama.

BACKGROUND:

In the early afternoon of Thursday, March 1, 2007, Enterprise was hit by a devastating tornado (rated EF4) during the February-March 2007 Tornado Outbreak. The tornado caused nine deaths, injured 121 others, and left severe damage in the city. The worst damage occurred at Enterprise High School, where eight students died after a hallway roof collapsed. A quarter mile (400 m) wide swath through the downtown area was devastated, with at least 370 houses damaged or destroyed.

Virgin Records recording artist The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus have seen meteoric accent since the release of their debut album "Don't You Fake It" in July 2006, achieving Gold status and selling out headline tours after only four months. Listeners have been deeply impacted by the album's honesty and plain-spokenness addressing real issues facing young people today, as documented with its first single "Face Down," a scathing indictment of domestic violence. The band's recent national headline tour sold out in just weeks and they recently performed on The Late Late Show w/ Craig Ferguson and are confirmed for The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno. They are also confirmed as headliners for The Bamboozle Festival (Giants Stadium) in May, the entire Warped Tour this Summer as well as various major market radio station festival dates.

The band has become equally known for contributing their voice, commitment, and talent to raise funds and awareness towards a number of charitable organizations and social causes, most recently participating in a speech on Capitol Hill with Congressman Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.) and Congressman Howard Berman (D-Calif.) on behalf of teen suicide prevention and mental health parity; for their far-reaching work alongside the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence; and for the formation of The Winter Foundation, a charitable organization supporting under-funded High School music programs, programs to fight domestic violence and research and addressing hyperglycemia in hospitalized patients.

Fort Rucker is a U.S. Army post located in Dale County, Alabama and named for Confederate General Edmund Rucker. The post is the primary flight training base for Army Aviation (U.S. Air Force helicopter pilots have also trained here since 1971) and is home to the United States Army Aviation Warfighting Center (USAAWC) and the United States Army Aviation Museum.

Opening local acts in order of appearance: Skyline Drive, Brandon Kelly, Course of Nature.

For more information:

www.redjumpsuit.com

www.myspace.com/redjumpsuit

www.wkmx.com

www-rucker.army.mil

Tickets will go on Sale Wednesday April 18th at the ITR Office on Ft. Rucker mon-fri between 9A and 5P. They can be ordered by phone by calling 334-255-9517 or you can pick them up in person. Tickets will also be available on the 7th floor of the WTVY-TV Building between the hours of 9A-5P. Tickets are $16 in advance, and $20 at the gate. Information on how to purchase online TBA shortly.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
02:53 PM on 04/16/07
BlueJackets
Of the Interweb? hell yea
User Info.
This band is axsome.
03:06 PM on 04/16/07
HungJury
www.thedailychorus.com
User Info.
I talked about this on my site, about a week ago, because I grew up in Enterprise (live in Phoenix now) and my dads friends son was killed in the high school, Michael Tompkins. His dad was in Iraq when he got the news.

This tragedy hit me really hard and I'm so glad a band stepped up to take time off to do this. I give them a lot of credit for this.
03:08 PM on 04/16/07
M-House
User Info.
good cause, glad they're doing this, my town is not too far from there and got hit pretty bad too.
03:13 PM on 04/16/07
DRUMMERGIRL121
fun fact: is left handed.
User Info.
this is great.
RJA is always doing something for a cause, thats really refreshing to see, nowadays.
03:20 PM on 04/16/07
Mr. Jacob
User Info.
awesome

i don't really like these guys

but that's a great cause

they just got cooler in my eyes
03:51 PM on 04/16/07
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
It is always great to see bands do things like this
04:18 PM on 04/16/07
XxLoserDanxX
Crush proof box my ass.
User Info.
yea so my company (HHC 3rd Battalion 187th Infantry Regiment 101st Airborne division) went down about 3 days after this happened and helped the community by cleaning and rebuilding all we could... the people were awesome. sucks that this happened
07:45 PM on 04/16/07
emo777kid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
more bands need to do things like this.
but their music isn't too good.
10:13 PM on 04/16/07
lbc182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There is a free show with SWIZZLE TREE & RED JUMP SUIT APPARATUS

MAY 9TH @ LOGAN SQUARE AUDITORIUM

HERE IS HOW TO GET FREE TICKETS:

You add (free red jump suit apparatus) http://www.myspace.com/_allinwithhelioandq101 on myspace, they will set their profile to private a few days before the show and then give their "friends" the free tickets to the show. I never heard of anything like this.
11:39 AM on 04/17/07
xpyschoxgirlx
User Info.
That's really sweet. I'm glad that an up coming band can take time out their busy schedule's and give back to communities. I love RJA, and I'm so happy they are doing this for my fellow Alabamains.
08:28 AM on 04/18/07
AdamTheGreat
Roar!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These guys are jerks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles