Username
Password
The Audition News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Audition
Inside AP.net

AP and Punk the Clock Present...

Posted by: Melissa Johnson (04/27/07)
In honor of theAudition's Spring 2007 headline tour featuring support from The Graduate, My American Heart, Monty Are I, New Atlantic, and 1997; Absolutepunk has teamed up with Punk the Clock to give theAudition's biggest fan a personal set from the band- right in their own basement. Head to the jump to find out more details.
InformationPunk the Clock and AP.net are happy to announce not only the sponsorship of theAudition's first headlining tour, but also a contest giving one (1) lucky Audition fan their own personal basement show. Three (3) runner-up winners will recieve two (2) tickets to their local date of the Spring 2007 Tour. There is a catch though. The band has put their heads together and came up with seven questions for all interested parties to answer. The questions are as follows:

1. Where did theAudition play their first show as a band? (Please give the location as well as the town)
2. When did the band record their debut, Controversy Loves Company, and with whom did they record it with?
3. What is vocalist Danny Steven's favorite past time?
4. In the summer of 2005 the band embarked on their first US tour. What bands were their tourmates on it?
5. What member of the band has a dirty Afro?
6. How long from start to finish is Controversy Loves Company?
7. What is the name of the brand new song that theAudition played live on their recent tour with Jacks Mannequin?

To enter send all of your answers to the seven above questions to: melissa.johnson@absolutepunk.net with the subject "Audition Contest". Please also include the following:

-Full Name (First and last)
-Full Address
-A phone number that we can reach you at.
-Your age
-Absolutepunk username
- The nearest city that tour comes to. (For runner-ups)

We do also have a few rules:
- Please include all of the information we ask above. Any entries that do not comply will be disqualified as all of the above information is used for winner verification.
- ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. Any multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- Do NOT post any of the answers in the thread or anywhere on AP. Doing so will result in a DQ and ban from the thread.
-Please submit entries only to the above e-mail provided.
-Any entrant under the age of 18: Please get parental consent before entering.
- We (Absolutepunk and Punk the Clock) reserve the right to also disqualify winners or entries if certain circumstances arise.

Any questions pertaining to the contest (except asking for answers) can be asked in the thread or via a private message to me.

theAudition will be the only band playing at the basement show. None of the supporting acts of the tour will be playing/present. Also, please note: We would like everyone considering entry to this contest to be warned that they will have to obtain a city permit and that Punk the Clock and AP.net will not be held liable for any reprocussions that occur if one does not obtain it.

You have until next Friday to submit your answers. Any submissions beyond will not be considered. We hope to have the winner announced by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
Winners will be notified by e-mail and news post on AP's front page. The grand prize winner will also be recieving a call from the band to notify them of their winning.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 53
09:42 PM on 04/27/07
allisterkid
here since blink fansite
User Info.
It might be cause I'm drunk andd high but iDont get it.??
09:48 PM on 04/27/07
Hainzey X
destiny found.
User Info.
wow, cool contest. good luck to everyone.
09:56 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
It is because you're drunk and high.
10:00 PM on 04/27/07
chowski
User Info.
Are the winners picked randomly from all entrants who correctly answer and submit all required information? I'm not planning to enter, but I figured I'd be the first to ask this in case anyone else might also wonder.
10:01 PM on 04/27/07
mikearduini9
---
User Info.

drunk AND high? woahhhhhhhhhh
10:03 PM on 04/27/07
I.O
stunner
User Info.
I can say one thing about that summer 05' tour. All the bands blew. THANK GOD one is done. Curse the world and some AP readers for the other one still being around. I felt so bad for the audition dudes. They i'm sure agree. hahahahhaa
10:03 PM on 04/27/07
calciumwaste
x
User Info.
damn, some of these are really hard. but i'm going to do my research.
10:06 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Are the winners picked randomly from all entrants who correctly answer and submit all required information? I'm not planning to enter, but I figured I'd be the first to ask this in case anyone else might also wonder.
More than likely when I go through all of the submissions that have correct answers they will be selected at random, yes. I took a page from the contest Jon set up in this format - lots of kids entered, but he did first come, first serve and a lot of the later entering kids didn't have a chance. (Especially due to some of the winners submitting entries 5 or 6 times under different emails, hence our 1 entry per person rule and why we ask for so much information.)
10:10 PM on 04/27/07
AlyssaAsthenia
Hi.
User Info.
What if we don't have a basement?
10:15 PM on 04/27/07
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
us west coast kids cant win
10:15 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Then you'll have to find your own accomodations to host the band. Living room, back yard, renting out a space, etc. If you can't then we give the prize to someone else.
10:23 PM on 04/27/07
I.O
stunner
User Info.
Why Isn't Everyone Talking About 1997?!?!?! Best Album Hands Down That Victory Put Out This Year. Thats Obviously Not Saying Much, But The Album Is Amazing From Start To Finish. IF YOU HAVE NOT PICKED IT UP YET...DO IT!
10:26 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Why Isn't Everyone Talking About 1997?!?!?! Best Album Hands Down That Victory Put Out This Year. Thats Obviously Not Saying Much, But The Album Is Amazing From Start To Finish. IF YOU HAVE NOT PICKED IT UP YET...DO IT!
Possibly because this is a thread mainly concerning theAudition? Also, your caps lock tirade got pwned by the AP-posting system.
10:29 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Also, concerning the fact of the subject title: All entries must have the title AUDITION CONTEST or THE AUDITION CONTEST when emailing them to me. I have a filter set up on my account and all of the entries are being accumulated into 1 folder so they are not being mixed with all of the other mail that is sent to me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests