Username
Password
Bowling for Soup News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bowling for Soup
Inside AP.net

Bowling for Soup To Headline Get Happy Tour 2007

Posted by: Tony Pascarella (04/28/07)
The Get Happy Tour will return for a second year featuring Bowling For Soup, Quietdrive, Melee, and Army of Freshmen. The tour kicks off 6/23 and finishes up on 8/26 and will include a UK leg in October. We at AP.net have been asked to sponsor, and we're working on some surprises for you. Is there anything specific that you would like to see us do with the Get Happy Tour this year?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
02:45 PM on 04/28/07
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Melee and Quietdrive make me happy...
02:45 PM on 04/28/07
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
Have a contest where a winner in each stop on the tour gets to sumo wrestle the big dude in BFS.
02:54 PM on 04/28/07
shermanology
Dubnium
User Info.
Have a contest where a winner in each stop on the tour gets to sumo wrestle the big dude in BFS.

thats fucking money right there.
02:57 PM on 04/28/07
garlicgirl1210
True Punk Fan?
User Info.
bfs and melee?! i am soo excited. i missed them come through portland and now i can see them. awesome.
they better come through southern california or i will need to have a road trip.
are the dates out? if not, when will they be?
thanks for sponsoring such a rad tour. yay.
03:13 PM on 04/28/07
ThatGirl
Tell me a secret.
User Info.
anything special? give me free tickets. for no reason.
03:15 PM on 04/28/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
bfs and melee?! i am soo excited. i missed them come through portland and now i can see them. awesome.
they better come through southern california or i will need to have a road trip.
are the dates out? if not, when will they be?
thanks for sponsoring such a rad tour. yay.
Nothing I have is confirmed, but I would imagine they'll play Ventura since that's Army of Freshmen's hometown, and there will almost undoubtedly be an L.A. show. That's the best I can tell you now.

Dates should be coming out soon, since they're announcing the bands for the UK leg in June. I'm going to see if we can have the first crack at announcing them.

And anyone who has not checked out Army of Freshmen, I highly recommend them if you're into powerpop. They're also some of the nicest guys I've met in the music industry (as are the guys in BFS).
03:16 PM on 04/28/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
anything special? give me free tickets. for no reason.
Haha. Ticket giveaways will definitely happen. The bands have already come up with some great ideas as far as meet & greets and events go for this tour even before they asked us to help. So there will definitely be opportunities for people to hit up the shows for free.
03:16 PM on 04/28/07
DeadPoetic
sr mod
User Info.
I hope BFS bring Quietdrive on the UK leg.
03:18 PM on 04/28/07
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Awesome news. I went to the tour last year and it was a great time. The line up, in my opinion, isn't quite as good this time around, but you really can't lose when you see BFS.

EDIT: Oh, and have some contest where the oldest fan (not just a parent, an actual fan) in the crowd wins something. My mom is a huge BFS fan. Equally embarrassing and awesome.
03:22 PM on 04/28/07
captainamazing4
@team_newton
User Info.
this is awesome. all these bands make me happy :]

lol
03:28 PM on 04/28/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Awesome news. I went to the tour last year and it was a great time. The line up, in my opinion, isn't quite as good this time around, but you really can't lose when you see BFS.
Well, last year was Lucky Boys Confusion and Punchline in the middle slots. Melee is definitely an upgrade over both (people rave about their live show, and I'm really digging their new CD), and Quietdrive is up-and-coming. They still need a little work on the live show, but so did Punchline last year. I do promise you that there will be more of an "event" feel to the tour this year as opposed to just the bands playing the show and hanging out.
03:29 PM on 04/28/07
Alexxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
User Info.
play at smaller venues
Smaller meaning the modern exchange in south gate Michigan.
that would be amazing
03:31 PM on 04/28/07
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Well, last year was Lucky Boys Confusion and Punchline in the middle slots. Melee is definitely an upgrade over both (people rave about their live show, and I'm really digging their new CD), and Quietdrive is up-and-coming. They still need a little work on the live show, but so did Punchline last year. I do promise you that there will be more of an "event" feel to the tour this year as opposed to just the bands playing the show and hanging out.

I wasn't trying to take a dig at the band or the line up this year; just personal preference. I absolutely love Punchline, so I wasn't expecting them to be topped. LBC are great and put on a good show. Melee just bores me. Quietdrive, from what I've heard, sound pretty good. I'll still be there, of course.
03:31 PM on 04/28/07
ThatGirl
Tell me a secret.
User Info.
Nothing I have is confirmed, but I would imagine they'll play Ventura since that's Army of Freshmen's hometown, and there will almost undoubtedly be an L.A. show. That's the best I can tell you now.

Dates should be coming out soon, since they're announcing the bands for the UK leg in June. I'm going to see if we can have the first crack at announcing them.

And anyone who has not checked out Army of Freshmen, I highly recommend them if you're into powerpop. They're also some of the nicest guys I've met in the music industry (as are the guys in BFS).
i have a confirmed date. House of Blues Myrtle Beach July 2nd doors at 6 show at 630 tickets on sale May 5th.

Chris Jay is fun. A little scary at times but fun.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums