AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 82
01:39 PM on 03/31/10
Scott Carlton
User Info.
I think its obvious we wont understand why he used the lyrics he did,but this album is personal to Charles the vocalist. Its most likely him writing about his memories of his teen years. We may not understand it,but i'd like him to explain each song for maybe a deeper meaning.
We interviewed them for the next T&N Podcast that should be coming pretty soon.
01:41 PM on 03/31/10
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
its got the T&N stamp of approval which means good. crazy how branding can influence opinions of a product.
01:43 PM on 03/31/10
holybatmon
Unregistered User
User Info.
I think its obvious we wont understand why he used the lyrics he did,but this album is personal to Charles the vocalist. Its most likely him writing about his memories of his teen years. We may not understand it,but i'd like him to explain each song for maybe a deeper meaning.
Yep. Good, but I can't see much staying power.

Saosin still did this sound better. S/t>>>Great White Whale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ISOSG

EDIT: Shit meant to quote someone else!
But I agree with you on the lyric front.
01:48 PM on 03/31/10
NationalProduct
User Info.
amazing song from an amazing album.
whats word with ivoryline?
02:34 PM on 03/31/10
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
amazing song from an amazing album.
You would say that; they're on your label! Haha.
02:47 PM on 03/31/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
this AND The Great White Whale are far more progressed than their early stuff. have you heard of Stutterfly? Yea, same band. Different lead singer.
This.
02:48 PM on 03/31/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Also, I find them to be much better than Saosin, but yes, the style of music is similar.
02:52 PM on 03/31/10
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.

Thank you.

And to all you people who say Saosin does this better, I actually disagree. Secret and Whisper have a different sound and are on their own planet with it, I would say. They're faster and more melodic and ambient.

As for you lyric-haters, sometimes simple lyrics are just as effective as eloquent ones with flowery language. I admire Adam Young (Owl City) for his simplicity and limericky cleverness just as much as I admire Kevin Matisyn (Evans Blue, Parabelle) for his eloquence and emotional depth.
02:57 PM on 03/31/10
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Sounds great. I'm so excited for this record.
03:36 PM on 03/31/10
Aperi Oculos
find me a place to begin
User Info.
Yeah some of his lyrics are odd but I think their music is powerful and with the intensity Charles brings, those lyrics have to mean something.
03:50 PM on 03/31/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.
Can we stop with the saosin comparisons
03:53 PM on 03/31/10
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
Great White Whale pt.2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
03:56 PM on 03/31/10
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I'm so excited for this album, this song is awesome, as are all the other released songs so far.
04:10 PM on 03/31/10
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
Saosin w/Ant > Secret & Whisper > Saosin w/Cove > Stutterwho?
04:25 PM on 03/31/10
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
Definitely my favorite song of the ones I've heard so far. Yeah the lyrics are strange on this one, but for me their appeal is in the music and the awesome vocals. Charles can belt!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos