AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 82 of 82
11:18 AM on 04/01/10
NationalProduct
User Info.
thats very true. to smart for cock rockers, too mainstream for indie rockers, but still a really soild band. they are still around, but with a diff. lead singer. and let me say, he doesnt hold a candle.
we played with these guys and they were really solid live, is the big guy with tatts the new guy?
11:43 AM on 04/01/10
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.
mad mad props for even mentioning Evans Blue on this site.
I know man, they were awesome with Kevin. And thanks for the props, Kevin is my favorite lyricist ever. He's up there on par with Anthony Green, skill-wise. Of course that's just my opinion.

Hell yeah old evans blue
Agreed!

yes sir, thats some good shit. whats the lead singer up to these days? i know he was gonna do some solo stuff?
i dont have a clue. evans blue was a band with kickass songs that seemed to never find a place to fit into. they werent part of a scene and that may have hurt them
I disagree. They were part of the whole Breaking Benjamin/Red/Crossfade metal type scene. What really set them apart though was Kevin's voice.

Kevin's in a band called Parabelle now. It was originally a side project that he did with a couple guys from Framing Hanley and a couple other guys too but since Kevin and one of the Framing Hanley guys both got kicked out of their bands they decided to run with it.

See here: http://www.myspace.com/parabelle

Kevin's also working on a solo album, I had the pleasure of actually chatting with him on AIM. =D

His myspace is here: http://www.myspace.com/kevinmatisyn

thats very true. to smart for cock rockers, too mainstream for indie rockers, but still a really soild band. they are still around, but with a diff. lead singer. and let me say, he doesnt hold a candle.
I wouldn't say they were mainstream at all. Their instrumentation was pretty unique back when Kevin was around because I think the collab to combine his vocals with the band demanded it. But now that Chandler is in, they're pretty much a Breaking Benjamin knock-off and sold themselves out.
12:34 PM on 04/01/10
brothaman
is too legit to quit.
User Info.
we played with these guys and they were really solid live, is the big guy with tatts the new guy?
not sure, i havent heard or followed them since the old guy left. your band is amazing, by the way. I cant wait to hear this new thing you are working on.
01:16 PM on 04/01/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.

I disagree. They were part of the whole Breaking Benjamin/Red/Crossfade metal type scene. What really set them apart though was Kevin's voice.

did they ever tour together then?
01:16 PM on 04/01/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.
Yep I dismissed them now
03:17 PM on 04/01/10
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.
did they ever tour together then?

Yup. Here's some stuff from EB's wikipedia entry:

In late March 2006, Evans Blue embarked upon their first U.S. tour alongside Taproot. They have since played with bands such as Staind, Alice in Chains, 10 Years, Three Days Grace, Flyleaf and former labelmates Breaking Benjamin.They were accompanied by Framing Hanley, Fair to Midland and Submersed throughout the summer 2007 tour, which spanned through September. Framing Hanley rejoined the band for the tour, with the additions of Saving Abel and Canadian rockers Neurosonic.
03:30 PM on 04/01/10
NationalProduct
User Info.
not sure, i havent heard or followed them since the old guy left. your band is amazing, by the way. I cant wait to hear this new thing you are working on.
thank you so much =) i cant wait to show you what we got here by the summer

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version