Blaise&Panthia.
Too much too much too much too much
User Info.
Yes Blake!
03:28 PM on 04/23/10
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
good review but don't really think the RIYL is accurate, but there's no other band really in the British scene doing what Foals do; before Antidotes came out, they were hyped up to be the next Radiohead, this new album furthermore cements themselves as Radiohead's predecessors.
03:38 PM on 04/23/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
good review but don't really think the RIYL is accurate, but there's no other band really in the British scene doing what Foals do; before Antidotes came out, they were hyped up to be the next Radiohead, this new album furthermore cements themselves as Radiohead's predecessors.
kinda like the band in your avatar i guess, but you're right, i was just trying to find a comparison for the band's energy moreso than who "sounds" like them.
04:20 PM on 04/23/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
Again, Blake reviews albums worth reviewing.

I'm glad you're part of the staff on here.
04:40 PM on 04/23/10
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I love Foals and Spanish Sahara blew me away when I first heard it, so I'm super excited to hear this album.

This.

they were hyped up to be the next Radiohead, this new album furthermore cements themselves as Radiohead's predecessors.

Wait...what?
07:16 PM on 04/23/10
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
Overall I like Antidotes more, but this is a really great album. My favorite tracks are Spanish Sahara and This Orient.

Also, I'm glad you didn't mention Bloc Party, all my friends write off Foals as a Bloc Party knock-off, and I've been going crazy cause I thought I was the only one who didn't see the comparison.
08:05 PM on 04/23/10
brobertvunter
brobertvunter
User Info.
Antidotes has not left my whatever player since 2008 when I got my hands on it. Now Total Life Forever has replaced it since last week when I snagged it. These songs are making me feel more one with the universe. That's a good sign probably.
09:00 PM on 04/23/10
sayyes
I'm damaged bad at best
User Info.
glad I saw this.....really liking them
01:34 AM on 04/24/10
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
This album is amazing.
01:13 PM on 04/24/10
carcycole
You can't stop the progress!
User Info.
Total Life Forever is so much better than Antidotes! There were only about four songs I really listened to consistently on Antidotes (Balloons, Red Sox Pugie, Olympic Airways, and Electric Boom). I really like the progression and build up on this album. It's real dancey IMO, and I like the technicality to it. I couldn't help but notice that the beginning of Blue Blood sounds just like Fleet Foxes, and that Spanish Sahara has a Coldplay Falsetto to it. I love it so so much.
01:45 PM on 04/24/10
Fycus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Antidotes was my secret crush a while back, I had it on repeat for weeks. After hearing Spanish Sahara I'm definitely excited.
03:04 PM on 04/24/10
Shinobi1791
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU BASTARDS!
User Info.
Loved Antidotes, if this review is anything to go by then this is even better. Excited. Spanish Sahara is brilliant.
10:39 PM on 04/24/10
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
this is one rad LP
07:54 AM on 04/25/10
saintsolitaire
User Info.
lasting value? it leaked 5 days ago. keep thinkin.

great album, just like the last one. so few bands to adore these days, foals is one of them. great review. i'm glad we agree on this;
Quote:
Whatever Foals are, and whatever they are to become, will certainly be noteworthy.
06:04 PM on 04/25/10
tomahawk
my new pep pep
User Info.
Antidotes has not left my whatever player since 2008 when I got my hands on it. Now Total Life Forever has replaced it since last week when I snagged it. These songs are making me feel more one with the universe. That's a good sign probably.
hahahaha I actually thought this was you before I even saw your username

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version