Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 197.
12:33 PM on 05/28/07
dildonicsboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well-written review, it points out much of what I felt with this album, except my rating would be about a 5. Yes it has its moments, but I just don't see my self listening to this album in a month. Juturna was great (I listened to it yesterday and still love it), but this album seems to be the meaning of "Deja Entendu" (sorry for a lame Brand New drop). This was by far one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. I know this band has fanboys/girls like no other, but c'mon this band has so much more potential. They might as well do what Streetlight Manifesto did to Keasbey Nights if they are thinking of releasing another album that is almost identical.
12:36 PM on 05/28/07
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
User Info.
90% for Juturna redux? lol. I thought reviews were supposed to be fair and unbiased?
You're an idiot. By definition, no opinion can be unbiased.

This was pretty much an amazing review, Steve. Props.
12:37 PM on 05/28/07
eclipsegts1
User Info.
I can't wait for the new album, I'm actually waiting to hear it compared to other albums I didn't wait to listen for.
12:43 PM on 05/28/07
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
User Info.
Circa Survive sounds nothing like The Mars Volta. And I agree that "Living Together" is the best song on the album.
12:44 PM on 05/28/07
TheCrazyFox22
User Info.
Extremely well written review, but the end made me feel that the writer felt his opinion was absolute ("if you don't find something new with every spin, you aren't listening hard enough"). Kinda icky.
12:45 PM on 05/28/07
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
User Info.
Circa Survive sounds nothing like The Mars Volta. And I agree that "Living Together" is the best song on the album.
I think he meant that it sounded like TMV in the experimentation respect, not necessarily the overall sound.
12:46 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Never said they did. Said "Recommended if you like." Big difference amigo.
12:47 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Extremely well written review, but the end made me feel that the writer felt his opinion was absolute ("if you don't find something new with every spin, you aren't listening hard enough"). Kinda icky.
Hehe, didn't mean to sound like that. I'll try to be less "icky" next time
01:02 PM on 05/28/07
lauren<3s music
i am a slippery slope
User Info.
great review and awesome cd. the more you listen to it the more it grows
01:05 PM on 05/28/07
snowtires
henry slinkman
User Info.

they do if you like albums with dudes noodling on guitar for 80 minutes
01:05 PM on 05/28/07
butt_code
User Info.
awesome review steve. ohh and nice closing sentence "All in all, when the record is finished, it sounds like Circa Survive picked just the right time to let go." nice job A+++++
01:16 PM on 05/28/07
ship of fools
hello
User Info.
every cicrca survive song sounds exactly the same, old or new album
01:17 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
every cicrca survive song sounds exactly the same, old or new album
Not even close.
01:22 PM on 05/28/07
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
I'm surprised about the 10 for vocals. I know Green is good, but probably not better than his instrumental counterparts in the band. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.
01:24 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I'm surprised about the 10 for vocals. I know Green is good, but probably not better than his instrumental counterparts in the band. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.
For me, it is just hard to imagine anyone else signing on this record like Anthony does, and that is why I scored his vocals so high.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums