saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
every cicrca survive song sounds exactly the same, old or new album
10:00 PM on 05/28/07
AloneInTheDark
Charmingly Awkward
User Info.
I just can't seem to get this album to click with me. I realize why they're so great, I mean, the music sounds wonderful. I don't know...:(
10:05 PM on 05/28/07
EyesOfMadness
it'sawonderfullife
User Info.
Why I am I not surprised...
10:08 PM on 05/28/07
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
Steve, you are a great writer. Fuck what Slade says about the Saosin review, I hate the band--but it was still a decent review.
10:08 PM on 05/28/07
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
I'm really loving this record, my only complaint isn't even for this record. It's for the next one. It's that Circa works with a different producer. that is all! MUCH LOVE, picking it up tomorrow!!!!
10:22 PM on 05/28/07
RagingJew
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great review, I am one of the straight dudes with a crush on Green for sure.

Second that.

Got the album delivered on Friday, signed by all members, and the packaging is the shit.

This is totally by far the best album of the year (so far).
10:29 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Steve, you are a great writer. Fuck what Slade says about the Saosin review, I hate the band--but it was still a decent review.
Thanks dude...appreciate it.
10:29 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I'm really loving this record, my only complaint isn't even for this record. It's for the next one. It's that Circa works with a different producer. that is all! MUCH LOVE, picking it up tomorrow!!!!
Based on input from the band, I can pretty much guarantee that will happen.
10:30 PM on 05/28/07
Nevuk
Post-Structural Anarchist
User Info.
Their songs may not sound the same, but they won't be attracting any new fans with this album. His singing is technically better than it was on Juturna, but I prefer Juturna's delivery. The album blends together except for a few rare seconds where it actually changes its formula. It is decent, nothing memorable. I can manage to make my way through it with little issue, it makes for great sleeping, relaxation material.

Edit: Oh, and technically (writing-speaking) great review. I just don't agree with it, I view Circa as a band to spin up once in a very long while, for me.
10:40 PM on 05/28/07
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
pretty great record, but due to the lack of originality and departure from juturna holds me back. i honestly feel this album could be titled juturna 2.0. despite this (which i feel is the biggest and only flaw) i really like this album. but i would also never give a 10 on vocals.
10:50 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
pretty great record, but due to the lack of originality and departure from juturna holds me back. i honestly feel this album could be titled juturna 2.0. despite this (which i feel is the biggest and only flaw) i really like this album. but i would also never give a 10 on vocals.
So if Anthony Green does not deserve a 10 for vocals, who does?
11:04 PM on 05/28/07
EyesOfMadness
it'sawonderfullife
User Info.

People like Jeff Buckley, Frank Sinatra, Sufjan Stevens...people with PERFECT vocals, as a 10 out of 10 would suggest.
11:32 PM on 05/28/07
dildonicsboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I would also throw Elliott Smith into someone who deserves a 10 along with the names mentioned in the post above.

I even think Jordan Billie has better vocals than Anthony Green personally. I love his vocals in the song Devastator, I wouldn't be surprised if most people hate his vocals though.
11:33 PM on 05/28/07
EyesOfMadness
it'sawonderfullife
User Info.
I would also throw Elliott Smith into someone who deserves a 10 along with the names mentioned in the post above.

I even think Jordan Billie has better vocals than Anthony Green personally. I love his vocals in the song Devastator, I wouldn't be surprised if most people hate his vocals though.

Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums