Password

Album Review

Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots Album Cover

Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots

Reviewed by
Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots
Record Label: Atlantic
Release Date: May 25, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
12:19 PM on 05/26/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I feel exactly the same way. You painted a vivid picture of exactly how I feel about the band. Grew up with them, and they were arguably the first modern rock band I fell in love with, thanks in part to "Interstate Love Song," which was huge when I was 11 or so. Completely agree with this stellar review.
12:28 PM on 05/26/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I feel exactly the same way. You painted a vivid picture of exactly how I feel about the band. Grew up with them, and they were arguably the first modern rock band I fell in love with, thanks in part to "Interstate Love Song," which was huge when I was 11 or so. Completely agree with this stellar review.
12:30 PM on 05/26/10
TheKeyWork
Robbin' The Hood
User Info.
Good review, not the most solid record but it is better than 90% of the garbage out there. Dean and Robert Deleo remain some of the tightest melody makers around. Weiland's lyrics are cringe worthy at points, but his voice sounds as good as ever. Its a solid return, and a definite summer album.
12:35 PM on 05/26/10
sammyboy516
User Info.
I love this album.
12:41 PM on 05/26/10
love_american_style
lifeinaspiral.bandcamp.co m
User Info.
every album after Purple ruins any future for this band (for me at least)...but I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a tid bit interested in checking this album out.

after all I started listening to them when I was 12 (1994)
12:43 PM on 05/26/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Best part of this review was the word "Belieber"
01:12 PM on 05/26/10
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Haha what an awesome review. Can't wait to check this out.
01:43 PM on 05/26/10
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
This is an extremely well written review. As someone else who grew up in the 90's when STP was burning up rock radio, I agree with everything you said.

I thought the album itself was...er...surprisingly better than the drug binged trainwreck I thought it would be. Nowhere near a Top 50 AOTY but loads more enjoyable than what I was anticipating.
02:00 PM on 05/26/10
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
I'm loving it, a fun summer driving record.
02:01 PM on 05/26/10
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
This is an extremely well written review. As someone else who grew up in the 90's when STP was burning up rock radio, I agree with everything you said.

I thought the album itself was...er...surprisingly better than the drug binged trainwreck I thought it would be. Nowhere near a Top 50 AOTY but loads more enjoyable than what I was anticipating.

jesus man, how do you enjoy the music that you have if you listen to at least 50 new records a year?! You're not a music reviewer are you???
02:17 PM on 05/26/10
etomicsean
Lannen Fall / Sean - Manager
User Info.
didn't read this yet, but i'm incredibly excited to listen to it. especially if it's anything like tiny music...that record is so underrated.
02:23 PM on 05/26/10
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
this record blew me away. shangri-la-di-da was horrendous, so nearly 10 years later for them to come out with what i consider the most complete record of their career - i am VERY impressed.
02:48 PM on 05/26/10
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
especially if it's anything like tiny music...that record is so underrated.
Hi five. Well said.

I'm not very into this record - it sounds closest to Shangri but without the stuff I liked most about it. At least that was my impression.
I'm still going to have to spin it a few more times.
02:52 PM on 05/26/10
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
wow where was i? i didn't even know they were putting out a new record. going to have to chekc this out, loved core way back in the day.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos