Password

Album Review
Blitzen Trapper - Destroyer of the Void Album Cover

Blitzen Trapper - Destroyer of the Void

Reviewed by
Blitzen Trapper - Destroyer of the Void
Record Label: Sub Pop
Release Date: June 8, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
10:17 PM on 06/09/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Can't wait to hear this album. Great review!
05:37 AM on 06/10/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
This review is pretty spot on. I saw these guys at a small show in Chicago a while back and picked up Furr and WMN immediately. Black River Killer is one of the best end to end songs I own (I think I'll give it a listen now).

I've given this new disc a few spins and I just can't get into it -- nothing sticks with me. It's not a bad album by any means but I found myself thinking, "Oh that was nice, I'm going to just put Furr back on."
06:29 AM on 06/10/10
ElCheGuevara
King in the Castle
User Info.
This album rules, on par with Furr if you ask me.The Man Who Would Speak is kinda a sequel to Black River Killer.
01:15 PM on 06/10/10
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
I adore this album. Shame it leaked so early, but I put it up there with Furr (and I love the EP in between).
08:49 PM on 06/10/10
theband
User Info.
This album is a grower. I like it just as much as Furr now. Is it as immediate as Furr? No. Is it as catchy as Furr? Certainly not. But it is, in my opinion, more of a cohesive album than Furr. Furr is a collection of terrific songs but it's not a great album as a whole. They cram the first 7 catchy songs at the beginning and the album suffers from it at the end. Very good review based on what was likely a few listens. I felt the same way. Give it a few listens more and you'll find what you likely missed the first listens.
09:11 PM on 06/10/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
This album is a grower. I like it just as much as Furr now. Is it as immediate as Furr? No. Is it as catchy as Furr? Certainly not. But it is, in my opinion, more of a cohesive album than Furr. Furr is a collection of terrific songs but it's not a great album as a whole. They cram the first 7 catchy songs at the beginning and the album suffers from it at the end. Very good review based on what was likely a few listens. I felt the same way. Give it a few listens more and you'll find what you likely missed the first listens.

I don't doubt this. It's fascinating what time and exposure do for people's tastes. I think of how often I hear people say things like, "After hearing that Katy Perry song so many times, I'm actually starting to like it." And there's also, "I used to love 'Sweet Disposition', but I'm fuckin' sick of it now." Whenever I'm reviewing something, I make a point not to over-listen, because I don't want either of those to happen.
05:37 PM on 01/27/12
Moostachemusic
User Info.
Good Review! I can't decide if I like this better than Furr, but they are both great albums.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos