AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
We Are the In Crowd - Guaranteed To Disagree Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 7
Lyrics 7.25
Production 9
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 8.25
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 80%
Member Ratings
Vocals 7.75
Musicianship 7
Lyrics 6.5
Production 8.5
Creativity 6
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Average: 75%
Inside AP.net

We Are the In Crowd - Guaranteed To Disagree

Reviewed by: cwhit412 (06/11/10)
We Are The In Crowd - Guaranteed To Disagree
Record Label - Hopeless Records
Release Date - June 8th, 2010

Welcome to your new summer band. We Are The In Crowd is the epitome of fun pop-rock. The combination of the Paramore-like vocals of Tay Jardine and the supporting vocals of Jordan Eckes blends perfectly to create poppy magic. This is the kind of music you will blast in your car with the top down and screaming every word of every song. One of the most recent Hopeless Records signings, We Are The In Crowd is soon to hit radios everywhere.

From the first phrase of the first song, Tay shows off her excellent pipes as she shouts "Carry me home tonight", before bursting into the upbeat verses. Jordan also helps create some excellent harmonies between the two voices as fire and water. "Carry Me Home" will easily be a track you sing along every word to by the second listen of the song. "Never Be What You Want" is one of the highlights of the EP as one of the catchiest songs on the EP, which isn't easy. The song isn't lyrically powerful, but it doesn't need to be. Some songs don't need to be full of substance to be enjoyable. However, Will Pugh's (Cartel) lent vocals to the twinkling bridge dwarf Jordan's, almost leading one to want Pugh to sing in place of Jordan throughout the whole EP. "Both Sides Of The Story" is a synth-heavy track that is the first downfall of the EP. Nothing about it stands out, and it is pretty much a throw away track. The band do, however, show some of their best lyrics in the chorus. "Lights Out" is the first single and will make the listener quickly forget about the last track. The keystrokes of the piano in the chorus accompany one of Tay's strongest vocal efforts. Even Jordan has highlights on his vocals in this track. "For The Win" is my personal favorite track on the EP, featuring a major improvement from the demo version by removing the autotune and replacing it with soft piano. The chorus is superb as the voices harmonize perfectly. The seven song EP may lack quantity, but there is no missing quality.

We Are The In Crowd have the perfect ingredients to blow up and become huge; the sweet yet spicy vocals, the undeniable catchiness, and the choice of signing to the same label as All Time Low. After a trip throughout the country on the entire Warped Tour, it is inevitable that those two bands will meet paths and tour together. All Time Low fans will eat We Are The In Crowd up from the first listen. In a supersaturated genre containing many similar bands, We Are The In Crowd do enough to stand out and reach out to people who wouldn't expect it.

Recommended If You LikeA combination of All Time Low, Paramore, and Forever The Sickest Kids

Myspace

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
05:24 PM on 06/11/10
cwhit412
User Info.
The fifth review of this? Dang.
09:11 PM on 06/11/10
birtcho
is...
User Info.
Love this EP. But you refer to it as both an EP and an album
06:13 AM on 06/12/10
cwhit412
User Info.
Love this EP. But you refer to it as both an EP and an album
Hmm. Thanks for the tip. I'll try to keep that constant.
05:25 PM on 06/12/10
IsetTraps
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is pretty fun. Its "The Maine" met "Paramore" with a much better vocalist.
08:41 AM on 06/13/10
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Wow. The last I checked, me and Thomas Nassiff were the only two that wrote a review for this. Good review, but wow, 4-5 reviews of the same EP?
01:41 PM on 06/13/10
cwhit412
User Info.
Wow. The last I checked, me and Thomas Nassiff were the only two that wrote a review for this. Good review, but wow, 4-5 reviews of the same EP?
Yeah. I was already planning on writing one, for another blog I work with.
04:12 PM on 06/13/10
KeytotheMidway
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good EP. The line "You're not quite satan, but I really think I hate you" gets to me but it's such a damn catchy song that I can't skip it.
11:12 AM on 06/14/10
itmakesyoufeel
User Info.
I like this band, and I love Cartel, but I don't like Will Pugh's vocals on "Never Be What You Want." That song is on Hopeless Record's Take Action Comp. without Pugh's vocals, and I like that version a LOT better. He just seems to randomly appear on the EP version, and I don't like it.
02:47 PM on 06/15/10
cwhit412
User Info.
I like this band, and I love Cartel, but I don't like Will Pugh's vocals on "Never Be What You Want." That song is on Hopeless Record's Take Action Comp. without Pugh's vocals, and I like that version a LOT better. He just seems to randomly appear on the EP version, and I don't like it.
It's not necessary, but I think if he was in the band instead of Jordan, the band would be universally appraised.
08:02 PM on 12/18/10
ShayDe
User Info.
yeah. its no 'alex gaskgarth on sing it loud'. that was awesome
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News