Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 113.
09:18 PM on 08/11/10
danawalker
User Info.
a million times yes, best thing on rise since DBM
great band, but I actually don't think they're on Rise anymore. I thought I saw somewhere they released the EP on some small label. I could be wrong though.
09:23 PM on 08/11/10
D' Evils
User Info.
Landon's studio work isn't the most professional. He didn't produce/engineer any of BTE's records now did he? And also, it's not a question of money as the band has a label behind them who puts up the cash to get a record professionally produced and engineered.

This band's style is even more Sturgis-esque than BTE. Landon is a well known client who is familiar with the label as well as the producer. This would be what, his fourth time at Foundation? I'd bet money on Sturgis twice.
he never really got into recording either until the fall of before their eyes, im not saying your wrong i just wouldnt be so positive
10:02 PM on 08/11/10
AFlat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hipster metal
10:07 PM on 08/11/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Generic.
10:47 PM on 08/11/10
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
i like it.
11:14 PM on 08/11/10
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
great band, but I actually don't think they're on Rise anymore. I thought I saw somewhere they released the EP on some small label. I could be wrong though.
that would be great if they could relocate to a worthwhile label, but im pretty sure clean head was on rise
11:39 PM on 08/11/10
rushour144
User Info.
I actually like this band. NOthin special but pretty good.

And I agree, whoever wants to call Rise unoriginal, listen to Tides of Man or PMToday, 2 of the best and most original bands out there!
11:42 PM on 08/11/10
rushour144
User Info.

Cleanhead is pretty close to genius!!! And yes they are still on Rise, and yes Cleanhead was DEFINITLY released on Rise. Go check out riserecords.com under releases!!!

Yea, but people who call Rise unoriginal really just need to take note of what Oceana is doing for music. Cleanhead (and Birth.Eater for that matter) is one of the greatest EPs ever released. Its so good, that its better than what most bands can make in a full length, so to do that in 4 songs is insane!!! I cannot wait to see what they do with their next album.
12:39 AM on 08/12/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
It kind of bums me out to see shitty bands from Ohio get signed.

At least we've got The Sidekicks.
tell me about it.
12:39 AM on 08/12/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
12:41 AM on 08/12/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
Rise Records = a cluster fuck of Ohio bands.
yup. a bunch of really shitty, generic Ohio bands.

amen.
12:51 AM on 08/12/10
truth or dare
don't just stare at it, eat it
User Info.
of course they're from ohio & look like it
05:31 AM on 08/12/10
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
all the bad "core" bands that come from ohio is really a shame.
09:13 AM on 08/12/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
i wouldnt be to sure about that, there vocalist has his own studio and did all the songs thus far. why not take the cash for yourself if you can do it?
the vocalist's "studio" is shit. it's his shitty laptap, a shoddy interface, and a cheap vocal mic.

when i was there with my friend's for recording, this laptop froze up on him easily over 3 times.

the drums are programed.

he doesn't know how to make good guitar tone outside of the guy's "sound" that produces most of the Rise Records bands.

he is just one in a million kids who think they can record, but really are just ripping tones, "production techniques", etcetc off of a producer that makes the same record, after record, after record.
09:13 AM on 08/12/10
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
I know it's been said already, but that bass player's ears look ridiculous.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests