AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Billions and Billions - 08.27.10

Interviewed by
Billions and Billions - 08.27.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Billions and Billions (Answered by Chris Katsaros)
www.myspace.com/billionsandbillionsmusic
http://billionsandbillionsmusic.tumblr.com

1. How did you get your band name?
This was Carl Sagan's catch phrase in his old TV series "The Cosmos". He is one of my heroes, which ultimately comes through into the music in some shape or form.

2. How did this band get started?
The other band I'm in, The Chemist VS. The Computer, was taking a bit of a hiatus due to numerous member changes. After showing a couple friends what I've been doing with that time off, their encouragement lead to me coming out with an official release. This self-titled album should be available to download for free by September 14th, 2010.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
As far as other musical artists, Arms and Sleepers, Caspian, Kaki King, Maybeshewill, and Victor Villareal, just to name a few. I feel like musical influences only account for a quarter of what you can hear in my music.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I'd love to tour with Godspeed You! Black Emperor, M83, or The Jonas Brothers (my aunt thinks they're cool).

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

Polar bear. They're so cuddley!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because 1) The music is free, and 2) There is a great message to be heard in the music, through feelings and few words.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would say "Powers of Ten", and it would be ridiculously hard if they made you play it note-by-note. I'm finger picking the entire time, and Guitar Hero focuses more on playing with a pick or tapping. Would be interesting to see/hear.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Probably my Yaiya and Papou (Grandma and Grandpa in Greek), my parents, and my friends. I'd probably thank Snoop Dog as well, just to confuse him/get his attention.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Stop pushing out the same kind of music thats been around for 70+ years. Let the music of the new Millennium get into the spotlight. I'd also like for the industry to help build a stronger music education in earlier schooling. Music is a huge part of human communication, and we should be encouraging the youth to cherish and explore it more.

10. Memorable tour experience?
When I was on tour with The Chemist VS. The Computer in the Summer of '07, I fell asleep on a beach in Atlantic City, then woke up a half hour later to find out I turned into a lobster. I owe it to a certain 16oz can of malt liquor called "Four-O". I seriously have never been so red in my life. Playing the show that night sucked for me, but it was definitely hilarious.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I've been a member of this site for almost eight years, and have followed it even longer. I've met and talked to some really amazing people through its community, and it is my main source for discovering amazing music.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
This is interesting, because I still have yet to try and play these songs live. The one I had most fun recording was probably "It Was Beautiful". I will be playing some of the songs live soon enough, and am very much looking forward to it.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Visiting Maui was pretty unreal. Its natural beauty is incredible and would love to visit many more times.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Van Halen, Motely Crue, Bon Jovi, Michael Jackson, and Rush. My parents are pretty young, and that stuff was some of the most popular stuff out in 1986.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

I would like to have the ability to shoot out a urine stream as strong as a firehose, so I could save lives by peeing on people and their belongings.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I think I have a different idea of "making it" than the usual description. Making it, to me, would be having a person tell me that my music did something really positive for them. I'm really not interested in selling my music to people (with the exception of the rights for major media use), so financially "making it" is pretty much out of the question. I'd rather take the loss in money in order to share my music to whomever.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I love to play brutal metal riffs on my guitar, while headbanging/swinging my hair, just as a dark thunderstorm comes rolling in the view from my balcony. My neighbors are lucky I don't have an amp to play out of in my apartment.

18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read, listen to music, write to music.

19. Any hidden talents?
I can dance for 3+ hours, non-stop. Once I hear a beat I like, it just sets me off. Screw girls tonight, man. I just wanna dance!!

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
05:53 PM on 08/31/10
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
User Info.
06:07 PM on 08/31/10
Deadbolt23
Jacob
User Info.
What a guy. Good interview.
06:09 PM on 08/31/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Nice, free, definitely excited for this and new Chemist.
06:15 PM on 08/31/10
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
Woo! I'm glad this got posted
08:01 PM on 08/31/10
Tristan Needler
This is forever.
User Info.
It's true, I've personally seen him dance for 3+ hours without stopping.
03:30 AM on 09/01/10
.invisible ink.
honey bunny that's the funny thing
User Info.
great interview, great music, and of course, great guy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos