Password

Album Review

The Amity Affliction - Youngbloods Album Cover

The Amity Affliction - Youngbloods

Reviewed by
The Amity Affliction - Youngbloods
Release Date: June 18, 2010
Record Label: Boomtown Records
This review is a user submitted review from Corey Hoffy. You can see all of Corey Hoffy's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
06:23 AM on 08/13/10
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
I like the album, much more than Severed Ties, but after about two weeks i've not listened to it at all. Ironically too infatuated with Deep Blue which came out a week later.
06:57 AM on 08/13/10
Dr.Thunder
Dr.Thunder
User Info.
"The Amity Affliction may never be as popular as other Australian acts (most note-worthy is Parkway Drive)"

"The album may not make anyone's top ten list"

Keep in mind the album did debut at 6 on Australia's national charts and topped Short Fast Loud's (Australia's biggest and most popular Hardcore/punk radio show) Middyear report ahead of Parkway Drive and other Australian and international punk/hardcore acts. This album topped my top ten list and apparently alot of others, also almost two months on and I'm still listening to it most days. Other than that quite a good and accurate report.
08:43 PM on 08/13/10
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
There's still a chance it'll make my top 10.

As far as post-hardcore goes, this is probably going to be my favourite release this year. I don't listen to post-hardcore a whole lot anymore seeing as the genre has pretty much just become a huge joke, but I thoroughly enjoy this album for what it is.
12:07 AM on 08/14/10
AussieBoy
User Info.
my AOTY so far, much better than PWD, and i liked PWD much more than them before their releases, and Deep Blue was no slouch either
06:49 AM on 08/14/10
Corey Hoffy
I refuse to spend life on my knees
User Info.
Keep in mind the album did debut at 6 on Australia's national charts and topped Short Fast Loud's (Australia's biggest and most popular Hardcore/punk radio show) Middyear report ahead of Parkway Drive and other Australian and international punk/hardcore acts. This album topped my top ten list and apparently alot of others, also almost two months on and I'm still listening to it most days. Other than that quite a good and accurate report.

I apologize. What I meant was that they may not be as popular in America, arrogantly enough. Haha. Thanks for the info though. Good to see these guys getting a lot more recognition than I thought they would.
12:50 AM on 08/15/10
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
In case anyone was wondering, these guys are from Australia. Yeah, that's right. The great southern land down under. Thanks to reviewer for pointing that out.
09:46 PM on 08/15/10
AussieBoy
User Info.
In case anyone was wondering, these guys are from Australia. Yeah, that's right. The great southern land down under. Thanks to reviewer for pointing that out.
never heard of the place
09:49 PM on 08/15/10
AussieBoy
User Info.
"The Amity Affliction may never be as popular as other Australian acts"
04:09 PM on 08/16/10
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
never heard of the place
All jokes aside, This release is stellar. Normally not a big fan of the genre at all but these guys really do stand out from the pack.
01:02 AM on 08/17/10
AussieBoy
User Info.
All jokes aside, This release is stellar. Normally not a big fan of the genre at all but these guys really do stand out from the pack.
its my fav album this year, barring blink get a miracle cd out before NYE
06:09 AM on 08/17/10
Nickonfire
User Info.
This CD is actually amazing. Haven't stopped listening to Anchors or Fuck the Yankees
07:12 AM on 09/04/10
AWilhelmPetter
Bulletproof Tiger
User Info.
What am I missing? The record isn't bad, but nothing more.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos