Username
Password

02:20 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Lol I only said about corners becasue you said something about it. Anyway, what's the law in the USA anyway? If you stabbed some guy to shit who was going to beat you up? In the UK that would just be murder.

I think a gun-owning religious american is far more dangerous then anyone I could meet on the streets.
02:24 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Deadbolt23
Jacob
Bath, England
Male - 22 Years Old
Weapons to defend yourself from weapons...
02:26 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Lol I only said about corners becasue you said something about it. Anyway, what's the law in the USA anyway? If you stabbed some guy to ****** who was going to beat you up? In the UK that would just be murder.

I think a gun-owning religious american is far more dangerous then anyone I could meet on the streets.
You don't stab a guy to death. You cut them up until they back the heck off, then call the cops. Also, if you knew anything about knives, you'd know that no one dies from one stab wound unless it's through the heart.

Who said the gun had to be fired? Most people don't own guns legally or carry them around here. It would work wonders in fending off a robber who had a knife. On top of that, you can just shoot out a kneecap if they decide to try to rob you anyway. People in here keep assuming weapons = death.

Additionally, for all your talk about people legally carrying guns being dangerous, if Virginia Tech hadn't been a gun-free zone, someone could have taken Cho out and saved some of the people who died. Gun control is idiotic. All it does is open up a black market so that the lawbreakers stay armed, while the law abiding citizens are disarmed.
02:37 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Deadbolt23
Jacob
Bath, England
Male - 22 Years Old
You don't stab a guy to death. You cut them up until they back the heck off, then call the cops. Also, if you knew anything about knives, you'd know that no one dies from one stab wound unless it's through the heart.

Who said the gun had to be fired? Most people don't own guns legally or carry them around here. It would work wonders in fending off a robber who had a knife. On top of that, you can just shoot out a kneecap if they decide to try to rob you anyway. People in here keep assuming weapons = death.

Additionally, for all your talk about people legally carrying guns being dangerous, if Virginia Tech hadn't been a gun-free zone, someone could have taken Cho out and saved some of the people who died. Gun control is idiotic. All it does is open up a black market so that the lawbreakers stay armed, while the law abiding citizens are disarmed.

I cannot agree with this one bit.
02:40 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old

In response to the bold parts: You act like some war-worn soldier, which is insane as you appear to be quite the opposite. I know enough about knives to know that any wound that goes through an artery or vital organ can kill, and kill easily too. Shoot out a kneecap? I swear you must have been playing far too much GTA. Control should be strict, police would still have weapons i'm pretty sure thats enough.

I think you must either be a troll or you are seriously deluded. If you are for real you should stay at home until someone has injected you with a huge dose of common sense.
02:49 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
kieza
Born Frustrated
No Avatar Selected
Have to hang out with my fellow brits on this one, making guns legal does not make safer streets! Gun control = way forward.
02:54 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
In response to the bold parts: You act like some war-worn soldier, which is insane as you appear to be quite the opposite. I know enough about knives to know that any wound that goes through an artery or vital organ can kill, and kill easily too. Shoot out a kneecap? I swear you must have been playing far too much GTA. Control should be strict, police would still have weapons i'm pretty sure thats enough.

I think you must either be a troll or you are seriously deluded. If you are for real you should stay at home until someone has injected you with a huge dose of common sense.
Can is the key word. Typically, a single stab wound will only kill if left untreated. In any situation I would be in where I needed to stab someone to protect myself, I'm gonna call the cops instead of leaving them for dead in the street.

Have you ever used a gun? It's not hard to shoot out a knee from close range. Again, any injury can be stopped by emergency treatment. I'm not out to kill anybody. But if someone's attacking me I'm not gonna let myself get hurt or killed, I'm gonna neutralize the threat. That doesn't always mean instant death, just incapacitation.

You can't always depend on police. It can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes for them to arrive, and by that time an attacker could kill you if they had the upper hand and decided they wanted to do it.
02:56 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Have to hang out with my fellow brits on this one, making guns legal does not make safer streets! Gun control = way forward.
Taking guns away doesn't make safer streets either. People need to stop committing overt acts of violence. Then self-defense wouldn't be necessary, and the streets would be safe.

Unfortunately, I don't see many people looking in that direction.
03:03 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Deadbolt23
Jacob
Bath, England
Male - 22 Years Old
Taking guns away doesn't make safer streets either. People need to stop committing overt acts of violence. Then self-defense wouldn't be necessary, and the streets would be safe.

Unfortunately, I don't see many people looking in that direction.

Taking guns away does make safer streets. I'll agree that it doesn't make safe streets though, which seems to be your point.

If guns are legal than it increases gun crime. Simple as that.
03:04 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Taking guns away does make safer streets. I'll agree that it doesn't make safe streets though, which seems to be your point.

If guns are legal than it increases gun crime. Simple as that.
Even though most of the guns being used to commit crimes are obtained illegally...
03:05 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
This post only serves to +1 my post count, to keep the thread going and to tell you that you are an idiot and I can't take you seriously.
03:10 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
This post only serves to +1 my post count, to keep the thread going and to tell you that you are an idiot and I can't take you seriously.
Insult me all you like.
03:11 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
So here is a thread about fighting, fights, conflict and douchebags.

I was inspired to make this thread because of what happend tonight, to avoid a TL;DR reaction I'll keep it short. Me and a friends observed a guy we know (but only slightly, not good friends) being chased after by a bunch of kids who wanted to beat him to shit. They gave up and came back and we were walking in the same direction to see if he was alright. One of them straight away started trouble and punched my friend square in the mouth, he wen't down and I was like 'What the fuck man? calm down' and I picked up my friend who was almost out, my friend got hit again and the same guy hit me too. I didn't get hit as hard and stepped back and said: 'Dude what the fuck, come on' (in a come on, chill out kinda way) After that the guy who hit us walked away. We were just trying to see if someone was alright which we explained to one of the group who was non-voilent.

So yeah, what's your stance on fights? Do you not take any shit? are you a peacemaker? or do you just run like fuck?
I hate fights overall.

I try to be the nice non violent guy,
but if someone doesn't suck up for their own actions and make the situation worse, I would beat the shit out of him.

I wouldn't take that, not twice.
03:14 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Deadbolt23
Jacob
Bath, England
Male - 22 Years Old
Even though most of the guns being used to commit crimes are obtained illegally...

It's much easier to obtain them illegally in a state where it's legal to carry them. And again, you're using that word 'most'.

But, anyway, I've voiced my opinion. I'm don't see any reason to carry this on anymore.
03:20 PM on 09/11/10 
User Info.
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
IRL
Male - 20 Years Old
You live in Ireland. Come to America, see how things are, and then tell me how stupid I am for arming myself.
Nobody has ever been murdered in Ireland

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version