Username
Password

Album Review

We Are the Ocean - Cutting Our Teeth Album Cover

We Are the Ocean - Cutting Our Teeth

Reviewed by
We Are the Ocean - Cutting Our Teeth
Record Label: Hassle Records
This review is a user submitted review from TestwoodRapier. You can see all of TestwoodRapier's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
04:03 PM on 09/26/10
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
This album is horrendous.
04:48 PM on 09/26/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
I don't know why I was linked to this when the percentage is low. I enjoyed it. It's not great but it's not "horrendous" either. I personally feel their self-titled EP was better and from the new songs they've recently released, I'm not happy about their direction. The screaming is actually being toned down and the song structure is just, well, generic.

So, I do like this band, and some of the songs on this album and I love the EP, but I don't like where they're going.
05:26 PM on 09/26/10
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
User Info.
This album is horrendous [2].
05:27 PM on 09/26/10
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
I don't know why I was linked to this when the percentage is low. I enjoyed it. It's not great but it's not "horrendous" either. I personally feel their self-titled EP was better and from the new songs they've recently released, I'm not happy about their direction. The screaming is actually being toned down and the song structure is just, well, generic.

So, I do like this band, and some of the songs on this album and I love the EP, but I don't like where they're going.
Ep is good, but the singing on this just isn't good, the screaming is ok/passable but very samey. I can't make it through 3 or 4 songs.
07:15 PM on 09/26/10
0s0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The singer's voice doesn't fit the band. He's not a bad singer (he's actually pretty good), but he sounds super out of place.
08:56 PM on 09/26/10
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
The album is decent but they kind of sound like a wanna be Alexisonfire
10:20 PM on 09/26/10
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
I love the clean vocalist, but the screamer annoys the piss out of me. And their lyrics are cringe-worthy. Pretty accurate review, I'd say they need time to harness their potential. Songs like "Look Alive" and "These Days I Have Nothing" are proof that they're better than half of the cookie cutter songs on this cd.
02:48 AM on 09/27/10
3wotkris
Legen...wait for it....dary
User Info.
I love the clean vocalist, but the screamer annoys the piss out of me. And their lyrics are cringe-worthy.

THIS THIS THIS

They only ever had one good song anyway.
09:38 AM on 09/27/10
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.

Yeah, like Deaf Havana on their full-lenght before they lose their screamer, i thought the EP was better.
01:29 PM on 09/27/10
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
Referring back to the Alexisonfire reference...Is this another band's (AOF) Crisis?
04:49 AM on 12/21/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
They don't distinguish themselves from the others? Are you serious?
03:36 AM on 01/30/11
SlumanTheLegend
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cannot believe the ratings for this album - i think this album is brilliant. they are brilliant live too.
and their new single, What If Feels Like is awesome.

They might not be re-inventing the wheel, BUT inho besides Alexisonfire they are the best at this genre.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos