Username
Password
Fearless Records News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 82.
05:23 PM on 09/28/10
ImInTheCrapper
> beatles
User Info.
Makes me wonder why I haven't already offed myself. Is a world where shit like this exists really worth living in? These are the types of questions Asking Alexandria brings to mind.

Mindless, numbing shit scene band covering a shit pop/rap song, adding some breakdowns, making it as void of any substance as possible, and trying to pass it off as music. Super original idea to top it all off.
then go off yourself so no one has to read your annoying bullshit, douche bag
05:32 PM on 09/28/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
no way their intro was baller
Do you have fully functioning ears? Clearly you don't, if you find anything of merit from this album.

Let me guess, you also think Attack Attack and Miss May I are also "baller"
06:11 PM on 09/28/10
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
User Info.
I'm kinda mad that "Down" was one of the songs picked for this. I actually liked that song lol and now Breathe Carolina tortured it badly.
06:13 PM on 09/28/10
TragedyofMariam
myspace.com/thetragedyofmariam
User Info.
did not like
06:20 PM on 09/28/10
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do you have fully functioning ears? Clearly you don't, if you find anything of merit from this album.

I loved the intro to their album. It was awesome. I don't love Attack Attack! or Miss May I.
06:20 PM on 09/28/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I still listen to it. New cd might not be quite as generic i'm thinking they'll mature more like most younger bands do.

I feel like they're either make another 12 songs that sound the exact same as the 12 on their debut, or they'll try to switch it up a bit, but they'll probably just be ripping off different bands. I can't see an ounce of originality in this band.
06:34 PM on 09/28/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
I feel like they're either make another 12 songs that sound the exact same as the 12 on their debut, or they'll try to switch it up a bit, but they'll probably just be ripping off different bands. I can't see an ounce of originality in this band.
Like continuing to rip off Bring Me The Horizon?
06:44 PM on 09/28/10
$eth
Life's a Joke. Laugh at it.
User Info.

Listen to the fucking intro before you judge. Minus the screaming during the last 15 seconds, it's pretty hard to say it sucks ass. I have friends who can't stand any scene related shit, but he even finds the intro to be sick. I have never heard someone say it sucks.
06:51 PM on 09/28/10
ZinisterZman
User Info.

True originality is hard to come by anymore my friend. I cut slack on that sorta thing as long as their sound is progressively identifiable for them. I mean they're less mediocre than Attack Attack! so that's already a start lol and the only other successful trance-post-hardcore band is Enter Shikari and they've changed a lot so it's hard to say they would sound directly like any other band. Only downside is they wrapped it up with Sturgis again..and we all know how that goes. So mixed feelings really, time will tell.
07:04 PM on 09/28/10
ZinisterZman
User Info.

He growls like Sykes sometimes and they're British..Otherwise: different bands going in split directions. Can't see the likeness here.
07:06 PM on 09/28/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.

And Attack Attack, A Day To Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Alesana, and whoever else makes the same breakdowns as them over and over.

True originality is hard to come by anymore my friend. I cut slack on that sorta thing as long as their sound is progressively identifiable for them. I mean they're less mediocre than Attack Attack! so that's already a start lol and the only other successful trance-post-hardcore band is Enter Shikari and they've changed a lot so it's hard to say they would sound directly like any other band. Only downside is they wrapped it up with Sturgis again..and we all know how that goes. So mixed feelings really, time
will tell.

I wouldn't really classify them as trance or posthardcore, their sound is just a combination of different bands around them, such as the ones I listed above. I don't really consider them to have a distinct sound because they just combine elements of other bands who have an arguably distinct sound. They are just one of the many bands who somewhat have a style that is not at all original, and quickly get signed and make an album that sounds entirely the same throughout and very familiar if you have listened to other bands they tried to sound like. Saying they're betterthan Attack attack isn't saying much, especially in a musical sense, and they definitely don't have enough technical skill to stand out to listeners in any other way but having many gimmicks, which they seem to do well.
07:17 PM on 09/28/10
himynameisbrett
User Info.
Garbage. Heard better covers of this song that'll probably never see the light of day. sad.
07:23 PM on 09/28/10
silent_platypus
Elected Asskicker
User Info.
It got old very quickly for me.

I feel like they didn't really try to make a solid cover. Kids are gonna love it regardless of what they do.
It got old before I was done with the first listen... and admittedly I generally like some of this stuff just for the fun side, but idk this band... whatever. You're right though, scene kids still eating it up.

Also it's annoying how they like try to be controversial. The singer (Dan? Danny? something) is always all like, "Oh, I party and I'm a addicted to sex and alcohol and get shit drunk all the time," and makes a whole stupid spectacle of it. And then they're always calling people whores and cunts onstage and curse excessively just because. Then going on yelling about STDs and having a required minimum amount of bras to be onstage before you start your next song... when most of your fanbase is underage... all filed under "Trying Way Too Hard."
07:23 PM on 09/28/10
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
i find this interesting..
but im still asking myself "is that danny's screams and clean vocals?!"
07:25 PM on 09/28/10
silent_platypus
Elected Asskicker
User Info.
He growls like Sykes sometimes and they're British..Otherwise: different bands going in split directions. Can't see the likeness here.
^Agreed. They kind of imitate what BMTH's rather immature message has historically been though and the two vocalists have closely related stage and media presence.

But musically, you're right.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests