AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

The My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True... Album Cover

The My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True...

Reviewed by
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
Release Date
: November 23, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from ChrisCanberg. You can see all of ChrisCanberg's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
10:12 PM on 11/28/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Good review. But you rated production way too high.
They remain one of my favorite bands. This disc did not disappoint. DESTROYA, Save Yourself I'll Hold Them Back, and Summertime are my favorites.
Great, great album.
12:04 AM on 11/29/10
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
oh gosh.. I love this album, but Planetary is the pedal-to-the-metal song of a GENERATION?? again, I LOVE this album, but Planetary is too much of a rip-off of Powerman 5000's "When Worlds Collide" for me to tolerate it. wish it got left off.

however, Na Na Na and Bulletproof Heart are 2 of my favorite songs by anybody in recent years.
11:45 AM on 11/29/10
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
oh gosh.. I love this album, but Planetary is the pedal-to-the-metal song of a GENERATION?? again, I LOVE this album, but Planetary is too much of a rip-off of Powerman 5000's "When Worlds Collide" for me to tolerate it. wish it got left off.

however, Na Na Na and Bulletproof Heart are 2 of my favorite songs by anybody in recent years.
I never listened to this CD, but I heard the song Planetary..and your right it sounds like a freakin' powerman 5000 song.
12:01 PM on 11/29/10
FortheLP
User Info.
I love the nostalgia goggles line. I recently wrote a review of this album and said the same thing. It's funny how attached people get to a particular "sound".
12:26 PM on 11/29/10
touchstone
wut
User Info.
I love this album and I see from your score that you did as well, but I couldn't read past the grammar trainwrck that is the second paragraph. Comma vomit, dude.
01:02 PM on 11/29/10
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
again: I love the production here...

the album could've had more guitar solos, but this way it works just as well...
02:44 PM on 11/29/10
ChrisCanberg
User Info.
I love this album and I see from your score that you did as well, but I couldn't read past the grammar trainwrck that is the second paragraph. Comma vomit, dude.
Not that bad. try reading it, that might work.
02:46 PM on 11/29/10
ChrisCanberg
User Info.
again: I love the production here...

the album could've had more guitar solos, but this way it works just as well...
I thought it had a good amount of solos. There were good ones in Bulletproof Heart, and the Vampire Money solo ruled.
04:41 PM on 11/29/10
poeticpower1223
meep
User Info.
Great review. My favorite track is Vampire Money.
06:29 PM on 11/29/10
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Review's not bad, well done.
I disagree there are "few" ballads though.
Also, Planetary is better as an experiment with a different sound than it is as a track on this album.
09:31 PM on 11/29/10
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I never listened to this CD, but I heard the song Planetary..and your right it sounds like a freakin' powerman 5000 song.

yeah, I mean dont judge the cd by that song. I mean with the Black Parade and this new one, you can pick out influences. but Planetary, the melody and even the vocal pattern he sings in sometimes is straight ripped from PM5K lol. I dont judge em too harshly because its the least important song they'll ever make.
10:32 AM on 11/30/10
Vince Early
Size The Day
User Info.
yeah, I mean dont judge the cd by that song. I mean with the Black Parade and this new one, you can pick out influences. but Planetary, the melody and even the vocal pattern he sings in sometimes is straight ripped from PM5K lol. I dont judge em too harshly because its the least important song they'll ever make.
Haha yeah it is just a straight rip from PM5K but I just take the song the for what it is, a dance anthem and I'm pretty sure that's what they were going for.
11:10 AM on 11/30/10
twogirls1nathan
twogirls1nathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album cant even be compared to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge!
11:28 AM on 11/30/10
DPDurden
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what do some of you people think is wrong with the production? sounded fine to me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos