AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
General Announcement News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 61.
06:34 PM on 12/04/10
xjdizzle
User Info.
So much haters and these guys are like the older brother band of this genre...dont say AA sucks bc they dont and honestly if u dnt like them you dont belong in this thread or any of the breakdown bands' threads.

Hahaha older brother ? Dude metalcore generated 10 years ago or so, AA sucks at what they do which is sad , just because you chug a guitar with the same 3 chords and play the sane breakdowns in every song does not mean you are talented. They put out one shitty album and thats all they accomplished, Now bands lke As i lay Dying, All that remains, It dies today, are the older brothers in that genre.
06:35 PM on 12/04/10
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
Haha, this.

The Kevin Lyman quote is another proof this man is now really interested with money...
If a band is popular with the crowd, you have to provide the crowd with band's they like. Personally, I'd be enthralled to se TDWP, and ABR. AA not so much.
06:41 PM on 12/04/10
xjdizzle
User Info.
I'm a fan of MANY bands in this "genre," as you put it, and in no way is Asking Alexandria the best. They're not even the best from the UK. They're like the Limp Bizkit of the Metalcore era, but they don't even have a "Nookie" - guilty pleasure song. At least BMTH has "Diamonda Aren't Forever" and their whole new album.

Haha i love this post ! I also dislike BMTH but at least they have a few decent songs and throw in some actual guitar leads unlike this joke called Asking Alexandria . Architects is one of the best right now in the U.K and i'm exited for the new FFAF album.
07:01 PM on 12/04/10
whenwefirstmet
lets keep this circlejerk going.
User Info.
Good sir, to what "genre" do you refer?
lol breakdown bands. good classification.
07:09 PM on 12/04/10
deadelement
magic asian
User Info.
So much haters and these guys are like the older brother band of this genre...dont say AA sucks bc they dont and honestly if u dnt like them you dont belong in this thread or any of the breakdown bands' threads.
OLDER BROTHER? lol what? you're kidding right?

And you like the lyrics? OH MY GOD x 1000 yeah because that's real deep and meaningful shit right there (Your thighs were made for cheeks to graze - come on what the fuck.). Seriously I hope they come up with some better guitar riffs and ideas than the ones on 'Stand Up and Scream'. I can easily just record some 101 chord breakdowns over a synth line, woop dee do, make $$$ because apparently that's all it takes these days. This is also amusing because I think they actually can write a few good songs (A Prophecy is actually pretty good), they just don't utilise their potential, at all.
07:14 PM on 12/04/10
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Damn, give the guy a break. He expressed his opinion. You disagree, and you've all settled on what you don't like about this band. If you "want them to go away," don't write about it. Simple as that.
07:51 PM on 12/04/10
Mikey18244
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
OLDER BROTHER? lol what? you're kidding right?

And you like the lyrics? OH MY GOD x 1000 yeah because that's real deep and meaningful shit right there (Your thighs were made for cheeks to graze - come on what the fuck.). Seriously I hope they come up with some better guitar riffs and ideas than the ones on 'Stand Up and Scream'. I can easily just record some 101 chord breakdowns over a synth line, woop dee do, make $$$ because apparently that's all it takes these days. This is also amusing because I think they actually can write a few good songs (A Prophecy is actually pretty good), they just don't utilise their potential, at all.
the songs like "A Prophecy" & "...Circus" is what i can relate to. and Not The American Average's "You stupid fucking whore" is rad.....i mean i recently got fucked over in a relationship so their music is what i like hearing its angry & says what im thinking out loud
07:56 PM on 12/04/10
Mikey18244
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i was kidding bout the Brocore crack btw.
07:59 PM on 12/04/10
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
Best part is the beginning of the second video where he says "we got even more breakdowns coming but lets start with some two steppin'"
08:01 PM on 12/04/10
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
Lyrics are so fucking stupid I wish I couldn't understand his scream at all. I like the music when I'm in the mood for constant breakdowns.
08:02 PM on 12/04/10
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
Hahaha older brother ? Dude metalcore generated 10 years ago or so, AA sucks at what they do which is sad , just because you chug a guitar with the same 3 chords and play the sane breakdowns in every song does not mean you are talented. They put out one shitty album and thats all they accomplished, Now bands lke As i lay Dying, All that remains, It dies today, are the older brothers in that genre.
Yep
08:14 PM on 12/04/10
I'mOnAHorse
Yeezy Season
User Info.
Best part is the beginning of the second video where he says "we got even more breakdowns coming but lets start with some two steppin'"
Haha yeah. I wish this guy made more than four songs though.
08:20 PM on 12/04/10
Short-Lived
User Info.
I remember hearing 1 of their songs and I could never put into words just how much I disliked it, but maybe this can describe my feelings the best
08:28 PM on 12/04/10
Of A Machines
User Info.
10:33 PM on 12/04/10
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Hate how untalented and popular this band is, really hope they're not at Warped
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News