Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 379
11:25 AM on 12/07/10
SamKS
ribbons and sugar
User Info.
Very smart move for the label and hopefully it works out for the bands. The Years Gone By are one of my favorite bands and everyone saw what happened to them and Rise.

*I know TYGB was probably brought up in this thread I just didn't have time to read all 9 pages haha.
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
They're not randomly going to become screamo/metalcore out of nowhere. That's ridiculous.
Yeah people are dumb. They'll do whatever they want and if Rise doesn't end up liking it, they'll get dropped from the label. It happens all the time. These bands aren't going to change.
Miss Heartcore
Snowflakes in the Air
User Info.
You wouldn't expect it... but didn't Polar Bear Club and This Is Hell just opened for ABR and BMTH? I know PBC is on B9, but This is Hell is on Rise, opening for shitty bands that aren't in their genre.

yes.
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
Good for both bands and the label!
sammyboy516
User Info.

Haha they are labless though aren't they? Aren't they not on rca anymore?
Miss Heartcore
Snowflakes in the Air
User Info.
Yeah people are dumb. They'll do whatever they want and if Rise doesn't end up liking it, they'll get dropped from the label. It happens all the time. These bands aren't going to change.

Yes. Thank you. Common sense.
11:28 AM on 12/07/10
lissalynn
We are the music makers
User Info.
Here's to hoping they don't end up like the Years Gone By.

I really hope not, that was such a frustrating situation
11:29 AM on 12/07/10
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Rise continues to be one of the best labels in the scene. Kudos.
11:30 AM on 12/07/10
Musformation.co
Jesse Cannon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Normally both of these bands would be on here to reply, but they both just arrived in Europe for a 2 week tour, so I am going to interject and answer for them. I manage both of the bands and produced both of their last records. For anyone thinking either band is going to change their sound from label influence you are totally wrong. The label likes what we do and is not interested in us "changing our sound." There will be no "generic producers" on the groups records. The blog Property of Zack wrote up some great insight on the history of signings like this. You should all check it out before you talk shit on the label/this signing. http://propertyofzack.com/post/21332...o-rise-records

Both bands have planned releases with Run for Cover and even other cool small indies. The only thing changing is we have the support of a new label who really likes and gets what we do. As someone who has been working in pop punk for 17 years, I can say Rise gets it, they are such awesome people and I could not be more psyched. Don't fear, all that is coming is more great stuff!
11:32 AM on 12/07/10
scottstotts
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rise Records is hands down running what is essentially making this scene and industry so shitty. So fucking materialistic with everything that they do. I have to say that I couldn't be MORE disappointed with the direction that both Man Overboard and Transit have chosen to take. The fact that any band from the whole RFC family would decide to support this label is mind boggling. No matter what MO/Transit say is the reasoning for this move, I can't see it being truthful. I guess this is what happens when bands do things for the wrong reasons and stray from what really matters.

Both these bands have lost all of my respect.
11:36 AM on 12/07/10
route36west1
User Info.
They're not randomly going to become screamo/metalcore out of nowhere. That's ridiculous.
I not once said they would go screamo or anything of the sorts. I don't know where you are getting that from.
11:37 AM on 12/07/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Haha they are labless though aren't they? Aren't they not on rca anymore?
Do you really think it's spelled "lable"?
11:38 AM on 12/07/10
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Awesome, happy for both bands. They definitely deserve it. I'll never forget seeing Transit when I'd never heard of them and just immediately loving them. Let's hope Rise doesn't kill them though, worried about tour groupings.
11:39 AM on 12/07/10
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I could use a Transit/This Is Hell tour.
11:40 AM on 12/07/10
route36west1
User Info.
This was my original statement, but it got turned into them going screamo/metalcore. I don't get people.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos