AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 38
10:30 AM on 12/03/10
drakey
User Info.
I agree entirely with this review. I was dissapointed for maybe 2 seconds that they were making such a drastic change, but I definitely see this as a solid rock album. Being a big fan ever since the release of I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me A Love I'll miss the darker, macabre of vintage MCR, but I have learned to fall in love with them all over again anyway.
09:44 PM on 12/03/10
renzenkuken
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm really loving this album... feels odd to like MCR but yea this is some good stuff.
10:28 AM on 12/05/10
arson
User Info.
Nicely written review. Danger Days is definitely one of my favorite records of 2010.
11:02 PM on 12/05/10
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
worst albums of the year..i just gave it my 3rd complete listen.
05:01 PM on 12/06/10
TuskandTemper
User Info.
is that REALLY how you feel? pretty lackluster review. it reads like you just threw random adjectives in for whatever reason.. i can't speculate.. But I'd like to know.. is that HONESTLY how you feel?

I haven't cared about this band since Three Cheers.. felt like listening because I love music.. I have no beefs with the production quality, I actually think the guitars sound pretty rad. No offense though.. this is a not rock and roll man. If you actually listened to the album you'd know that. Ugh.. it...really really upsets me that no one today understands what rock is. Go check out The Damned Things.. they're doing the world a solid for rock and roll right about now. The only other thing I feel like saying is..Vocally, meh.. Gerard tries to do way too much and frankly he's not that good. He should stick to one style for the album. Not switch it up every single track. Make some decisions on your album bud. Especially when you're changing your entire genre and still calling it My Chemical Romance.. There's nothing wrong with ending the band.. Calling yourselves "The Fabulous Killjoys" and releasing an album called Danger Days. Pretty sure your built in audience would buy it. Time to wrap this up..

Tusk out.
12:37 PM on 12/08/10
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
is that REALLY how you feel? pretty lackluster review. it reads like you just threw random adjectives in for whatever reason.. i can't speculate.. But I'd like to know.. is that HONESTLY how you feel?

I haven't cared about this band since Three Cheers.. felt like listening because I love music.. I have no beefs with the production quality, I actually think the guitars sound pretty rad. No offense though.. this is a not rock and roll man. If you actually listened to the album you'd know that. Ugh.. it...really really upsets me that no one today understands what rock is. Go check out The Damned Things.. they're doing the world a solid for rock and roll right about now. The only other thing I feel like saying is..Vocally, meh.. Gerard tries to do way too much and frankly he's not that good. He should stick to one style for the album. Not switch it up every single track. Make some decisions on your album bud. Especially when you're changing your entire genre and still calling it My Chemical Romance.. There's nothing wrong with ending the band.. Calling yourselves "The Fabulous Killjoys" and releasing an album called Danger Days. Pretty sure your built in audience would buy it. Time to wrap this up..

Tusk out.
Switching it up every track makes for an interesting, varied album. and this is definitely still My Chemical Romance, why would they need to release it under a different name? They've just made some experimentations in their sound, as they have on all of their albums. Arguing about genres is just dumb, who cares what genre something is, it's just a label.
10:17 AM on 12/13/10
MTrench
User Info.
It's an amazing album, I love how this just disagrees with everything the black parade states.
07:36 PM on 12/13/10
shadows
hiding from the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
User Info.
i must get this soon as possible
but $19.00 for a new cd is a bit steep
but that should not matter since there my favourite modern band.
03:28 PM on 12/30/10
Jordan0123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Gave the album a listen, too poppy, no creativity, no immense musicianship on board, production masled over that. And Na Na Na x 231637689012348236 really does bring the lyrics score down, poor album. 3/10
03:58 PM on 01/10/11
Porkchop!
User Info.
Quote:
“Planetary (GO)”, a soon-to-be cause for numerous speed tickets. An honest opinion, this is the ultimate pedal-to-the-metal track, possibly of this generation.

^ I disagree to an EXTREME amount with your opinion. Pedal-to-the-metal track? To me it sounds more like Gerard Way is channeling the spirit of Ke$ha.
04:25 PM on 01/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
^ I disagree to an EXTREME amount with your opinion. Pedal-to-the-metal track? To me it sounds more like Gerard Way is channeling the spirit of Ke$ha.
I disagree to an EXTREME amount with your opinion.
04:36 PM on 01/10/11
Porkchop!
User Info.
I disagree to an EXTREME amount with your opinion.

I disagree to an EXTREME amount with your opinion in which you disagreed to an EXTREME amount in which I disagreed to an EXTREME AMOUNT...

Never mind, I lost myself.
12:15 AM on 03/01/11
ellagos
Stay awesome everyone ;)
User Info.
I found myself suprisingly in love with this album. As a faithful My Chemical Romance fan i was quick to write off this album as a major sellout and that they should go back to their old style. Now i just want the killjoys to make some more noise!!!
01:06 AM on 03/01/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I found myself suprisingly in love with this album. As a faithful My Chemical Romance fan i was quick to write off this album as a major sellout and that they should go back to their old style. Now i just want the killjoys to make some more noise!!!
Sounds like you're the opposite of a faithful fan. I'm glad you gave it some time and changed your mind though.
11:39 PM on 03/02/11
ellagos
Stay awesome everyone ;)
User Info.
[quote=SpyKi;85925031 Sounds like you're the opposite of a faithful fan. I'm glad you gave it some time and changed your mind though.[/quote]

I think maybe faithful to the original style would be a more accurate description.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos