AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Hawthorne Heights News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hawthorne Heights
Inside AP.net

Eron Gives Statement About Casey's Autopsy...

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (12/17/07)
Eron Bucciarelli from Hawthorne Heights has sent us a message about Casey Calvert's autopsy. Read it below.
Eron SpeaksFrom the time of the incident we suspected a possible drug interaction as the cause. Casey wrestled with depression for as long as we knew him. He saw numerous doctors and took an ever-changing array of medicines to get better. He finally had his depression under control. According to the toxicology report, the cause of death was due to a fatal interaction between depression meds, anxiety meds and an opiate. Opiates being mentioned along with the term "substance abuse", coupled with "rockstar" stereotypes immediately conjure up images of hard drug use and addiction, which simply couldn't be further from the truth in Casey's instance. What the toxicology report doesn't show is that prior to us leaving for tour, Casey had a root canal, and was prescribed Vicodin (an opiate) for the pain. Once again, Casey was not involved in anything illegal nor was he a substance abuser. Please be respectful as we search for more answers to these newly raised questions and deal with this news.

Thank you,
Eron

Eron ClarifiesSorry for the change of statements. I sent the first one prematurely and tried stopping it before it was posted. I wasn't fast enough. This new one is based on fact whereas the first was just further speculation. Thanks for understanding.
Eron

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 76
02:01 PM on 12/17/07
stevecrumb
i know everything
User Info.
sux
02:01 PM on 12/17/07
simplelivin_GCH
drowning in the midwest
User Info.
well put
kinda shitty that theyd have to stick by what they said and that people would actually question it.
the kid passed away, it doesnt matter how..its still just as tragic..
RIP Casey
02:02 PM on 12/17/07
Hainzey X
destiny found.
User Info.
this makes alot more sense. its such a shame, this could have been prevented.

r.i.p
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
.......wow. he did not deserve this.
ozzysaxman
Cobain is Legend
User Info.
Hopefully that'll clear up some of the questions in the other thread
02:03 PM on 12/17/07
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Excellent job on the band's part for getting a statement out this fast before people got too crazy suspecting things.

RIP, Casey.
02:05 PM on 12/17/07
skinnypuppy
Jon Hughes
User Info.
I honestly feel bad for him and everyone in the situation. This has got to be horribly painful.
02:06 PM on 12/17/07
loveisdead
LGJ
User Info.
Good to hear. RIP
02:06 PM on 12/17/07
kana900
User Info.
its sad that they have to keep defending him while they're still in mourning.
i understand that the public is curious but people shouldn't make false accusations.
02:07 PM on 12/17/07
thisismyname
User Info.
You always have to be careful when dealing with these type of things. All of these seemed to be prescribed and completely legal, and still this happens. its a pretty scary thought.
02:08 PM on 12/17/07
verity38
verity
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hate the fact that they feel like they need to say "Please be respectful as we deal with this news." this shouldn't have to be something thats written next to that statement. This is truly sad news and I wish the best of luck to this band.
Brand[.]NewBers
User Info.
This is a horrible situation. I feel so bad for the band.
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
kinda shitty that theyd have to stick by what they said and that people would actually question it.

I think it's only natural that if a rockstar dies of a lethal mix of drugs then THAT is going to enter peoples minds.

It's not a slur on this kid it's just human nature because of the stereotypical lifestyle.

Regardless, it is truly tragic.. I didn't care for their music, but anyone who utters statements like "why should I care I didn't like them?" is a joke of a human being. May he rest in peace.
02:10 PM on 12/17/07
phillmamula
PHILLM Photography
User Info.
This was amazing well said. I'm glad someone spoke up about this .
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums