AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Self-Promotion Spotlight: The A-B Theory

Posted by - 09:44 PM on 01/06/08
The first new year installment of the Spotlight features The A-B Theory. As always, this band was discovered using the Self-Promotion forum. If you would like your band featured on the front page, itís simple: sign up for an AP account, post about your band in the forum, and get people excited about your music. We canít wait to hear from you all! Head to the replies for more info on the band.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
09:44 PM on 01/06/08
Adrian Villagomez
The Sword the Anvil the Stone
User Info.
The A-B Theory

Jesse Joseph Smith, a Texas musician and the man behind the music of The A-B Theory, is ready for you to embrace his mix of pop and electronica goodness. Of course he caught my attention by posting in the self-promotion forum, where he's found some positive responses from members. One listen to "One Night Waltz," a song which fits the mood of a somber ballroom scene, was enough to convince me to open my ears. For those who dig more of a hellogoodbye pop feel, adjust the handy MySpace music player to "Tell Me How Colorado Is," an ill-fated love story set to keyboards. Smith is currently offering his Illusions EP through his MySpace page for six dollars (including shipping), so if you like what you hear, pick up some new music and help a small band at the same time.

For Fans OfElectric President, hellogoodbye, PlayRadioPlay, The Postal Service, Styrofoam

AP.net Profile | MySpace | Say "hello" to the mastermind
09:45 PM on 01/06/08
Adrian Villagomez
User Info.
"One Night Waltz" is good. I could see it being played in The Shining.
09:51 PM on 01/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
really enjoy this guy. He uses electronics really well and doesn't coat his vocals in a bunch of effects. If you like the postal service at all, you have to hear this. Great pick, Adrian.
09:52 PM on 01/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
oh frick, i totally forgot about Electric President, solid stuff.
10:20 PM on 01/06/08
Adrian Villagomez
User Info.
really enjoy this guy. He uses electronics really well and doesn't coat his vocals in a bunch of effects. If you like the postal service at all, you have to hear this. Great pick, Adrian.
He's from Dallas - we should go see him. Are you not in TX anymore?
10:23 PM on 01/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
im here forever almost.
10:43 PM on 01/06/08
dearmsleading
A City Heart instrumentalist
User Info.
electronic popsters unite!
ataraxia could have been a b-side off of Give Up. he even sounds like ben gibbard on that one. this guy's pretty damn good.
11:06 PM on 01/06/08
TheABtheory
yyy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
adriana, blake, and everyone else... thanks so much. i was quite surprised to see this bulletin. it means a lot. i'm really glad you enjoy what you hear. and blake, if you like electric president...check out www.myspace.com/radicalface (ben's other project) it's even better in my opinion. i've been listening to his album "ghost" nonstop lately. again, thanks so much everyone!
11:11 PM on 01/06/08
Adrian Villagomez
User Info.
adriana, blake, and everyone else... thanks so much. i was quite surprised to see this bulletin. it means a lot. i'm really glad you enjoy what you hear. and blake, if you like electric president...check out www.myspace.com/radicalface (ben's other project) it's even better in my opinion. i've been listening to his album "ghost" nonstop lately. again, thanks so much everyone!
"adriana."

You're welcome.
11:16 PM on 01/06/08
TheABtheory
yyy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha. shit, man. my bad. ADRIAN. it's late...kind of. actually, i don't have a good excuse. still friends? also, the shining reference was awesome.
11:20 PM on 01/06/08
Adrian Villagomez
User Info.
haha. shit, man. my bad. ADRIAN. it's late...kind of. actually, i don't have a good excuse. still friends? also, the shining reference was awesome.
Yeah, haha, I thought it was funny. Any upcoming shows?
11:27 PM on 01/06/08
JoeShow
It's time for drastic measures
User Info.
I really like this guys stuff, the EP is honestly worth your 6 dollars.

also - this is pretty damn cool - a band i recorded is getting some notice on a website i have been checking daily since like 2001 (whenever brand new was the featured release, i joined the forum a couple years later)

anyways - check this dude out and support him - he is awesome and makes wonderful music
11:41 PM on 01/06/08
AsItFallsApart
Erect in defiance of god's will
User Info.
suckered me in with a song referencing Colorado and now i'm hooked, good job
06:49 AM on 01/07/08
lew_1987
The desperation's gone.
User Info.
once i get some money i might just buy this ep.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos