Password

Album Review
Woe, Is Me - Number[s] Album Cover

Woe, Is Me - Number[s]

Reviewed by
Woe, Is Me Number[s]
Record Label: Velocity/Rise Records
Release Date: August 31, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from DylanPPPP. You can see all of DylanPPPP's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
03:24 AM on 12/30/10
symbiote28
Be Human
User Info.
gotta agree, 'If Not, For Ourselves' is one of the best tracks.
10:03 PM on 12/30/10
eatbabiesyum
Registered Infant Consumer
User Info.
good review, i felt pretty much exactly the same about this album
09:13 AM on 12/31/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Yup. Lot of potential here smother by breakdowns. Hopefully if they take time to write a record they might make it decent.
10:23 AM on 12/31/10
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I actually just realized these guys are like a less intricate Of Machines with synth...I'm probably really late on that realization though.
03:47 PM on 01/05/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Wow nice review. Good style dude
06:17 PM on 01/07/11
ChainOfOblivion
User Info.
By far one of my favorite albums of the year.

And before some angry avid-disliker of this band gives me a list of 10 albums from 2010 that were better than this, remember:

I don't care. We think for ourselves.
06:57 PM on 01/07/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
By far one of my favorite albums of the year.

And before some angry avid-disliker of this band gives me a list of 10 albums from 2010 that were better than this, remember:

I don't care. We think for ourselves.
No one's going to do that. You obviously haven't been here for very long haha.
10:42 AM on 01/12/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
I understand why you think the album is over saturated with breakdowns, however many people fail to understand that breakdowns are the cue for mosh pits basically, and it's really awesome to see this band live, and considering that their clean vocalist is very talented, this band is actually fairly unique. But I do understand, the album as a whole is okay, it gets monotonous after a while.
08:05 AM on 01/17/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I understand why you think the album is over saturated with breakdowns, however many people fail to understand that breakdowns are the cue for mosh pits basically, and it's really awesome to see this band live, and considering that their clean vocalist is very talented, this band is actually fairly unique. But I do understand, the album as a whole is okay, it gets monotonous after a while.
You can have a breakdown without constant chugs. See: Underoath.

I don't think I've ever heard UO chug and some of their breakdowns are downright vicious.
10:14 AM on 01/17/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.

I don't think I've ever heard UO chug and some of their breakdowns are downright vicious.
I'm not a fan of underoath, but I did have a chance of seeing them as the opener to A Day To Remember, and they played after The Word Alive and Close Your Eyes, and believe me, a good amount of the crowd lost interest during Underoath, but during the other bands everyone was going nuts. Isn't it true they not even have any founding members anymore?

I see what you mean though, most breakdowns are chugging, but Underoath isn't the greatest example to use as a band who still has great breakdowns without chugging, at least from my perspective.
12:13 PM on 01/17/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I'm not a fan of underoath, but I did have a chance of seeing them as the opener to A Day To Remember, and they played after The Word Alive and Close Your Eyes, and believe me, a good amount of the crowd lost interest during Underoath, but during the other bands everyone was going nuts. Isn't it true they not even have any founding members anymore?

I see what you mean though, most breakdowns are chugging, but Underoath isn't the greatest example to use as a band who still has great breakdowns without chugging, at least from my perspective.

Just because the breakdowns aren't blatantly obvious so stupid scene kids can't recognize them doesn't mean they aren't there.

Underoath is by far the most talented of all those bands, and I went to the same tour and they were also by far the most enjoyable to watch from a music lovers stand-point. Yeah if you like to party the otherbands are fun, but I'm more of respecterkf talent.
05:26 PM on 01/17/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
Just because the breakdowns aren't blatantly obvious so stupid scene kids can't recognize them doesn't mean they aren't there.

Underoath is by far the most talented of all those bands, and I went to the same tour and they were also by far the most enjoyable to watch from a music lovers stand-point. Yeah if you like to party the otherbands are fun, but I'm more of respecterkf talent.
I hate scene kids as much as the next guy, and I think a better example of a band without obvious breakdowns would be Set Your Goals, from my point of view at least.

And as far as Woe, Is Me goes, they should incorporate more synth into their breakdowns and have intricate melodies playing along with the chugging, similar to The Word Alive.

And I'm gonna catch these guys at a concert in a few weeks with a bunch of other bands, and I'm sure they'll put on a great show, supposedly their singer is great live.
06:09 PM on 01/17/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I hate scene kids as much as the next guy, and I think a better example of a band without obvious breakdowns would be Set Your Goals, from my point of view at least.

And as far as Woe, Is Me goes, they should incorporate more synth into their breakdowns and have intricate melodies playing along with the chugging, similar to The Word Alive.

And I'm gonna catch these guys at a concert in a few weeks with a bunch of other bands, and I'm sure they'll put on a great show, supposedly their singer is great live.
Well Set Your Goals do chug in a lot of their breakdowns, just not as much. Underoath is completely void of chugging.

I agree, but The Word Alive is equally mediocre.

And I've heard the same, hope you have a good time.
07:42 PM on 01/31/11
emcktrevor
User Info.

Chug breakdowns sound so weak after hearing a well executed open breakdown.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos