Username
Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 118 of 118
12:56 AM on 02/21/11
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
there was no poppiness on In Love And Death and Lies For The Liars? ILAD had the most poppiness of any of their albums in my opinion. I love that album, I'm just saying lol.
I know what you mean and you're right. It's the Matt Squire production. The Used's records aren't really meant to be that way, where as, you know, A Fever You Can't Sweat out wouldn't have been the same without it. Just wasn't fitting to The Used's typical sound. And even that in itself has been dictated mostly by John Feldmann's production.
02:10 AM on 02/21/11
joeycYDG
Your rational mind's insane
User Info.
big fan of these guys. like almost everything they have put out. would love to hear another "box full of sharp objects" type song. it's taken them long enough to get in the studio, what have they been doing!? at least they had plenty of time to get some good writing time in.

I would love another song like that as well. That is one of their best imo.
05:23 AM on 02/21/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I know what you mean and you're right. It's the Matt Squire production. The Used's records aren't really meant to be that way, where as, you know, A Fever You Can't Sweat out wouldn't have been the same without it. Just wasn't fitting to The Used's typical sound. And even that in itself has been dictated mostly by John Feldmann's production.

yeah, Feldmann is def responsible for their sound in a way. I just hope he dials it back from his work on LFTL. he went overboard lol
05:24 AM on 02/21/11
Giuseppe
Italy
User Info.
Feldmann has the power to make all the bands he produces sound the same. Every album sounds exactly as a Goldfinger one. WORST PRODUCER EVER.
05:26 AM on 02/21/11
TheVsed
Viva la Feldmann
User Info.
Fuck Yes!!!!!
07:56 AM on 02/21/11
Geech
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For those of you that hated Artwork, I would really hate to see what you did like by other bands. Aside from the drum fills being less creative than what Branden could do, Artwork still gets regular rotation through my ipod, unlike most of the other dreck that's out there today. I thought Artwork was solid.
03:05 PM on 02/21/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I'm not a huge fan of the Used, but I do dig their poppy, psuedo-heaviness as a bit of a guilty pleasure. Curious to see what they do next.
09:45 PM on 02/21/11
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
yeah, Feldmann is def responsible for their sound in a way. I just hope he dials it back from his work on LFTL. he went overboard lol
I agree. I don't think they cared about the songs much for that album anyway. None of them were really that deep, everything felt careless and lighthearted. Maybe that's the way it was supposed to sound though.
10:28 PM on 02/21/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I agree. I don't think they cared about the songs much for that album anyway. None of them were really that deep, everything felt careless and lighthearted. Maybe that's the way it was supposed to sound though.

yeah, well I know they felt they needed to go in a different direction after that obviously. hopefully the band and Feldmann say "ok, here's what we fucked up. let's not do that again." haha
03:09 AM on 02/22/11
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
yeah, well I know they felt they needed to go in a different direction after that obviously. hopefully the band and Feldmann say "ok, here's what we fucked up. let's not do that again." haha
I don't think Feldmann's approach will ever change but I'm sure The Used's has.
07:10 AM on 03/06/11
chadster40
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Used isn't definitively working with Feldman for this record. Actually, in a recent interview, Dan said they were going to do three songs with him to see how they felt about it . . . so, they actually aren't set with a producer on the album.
07:16 AM on 03/06/11
chadster40
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
no but it would be better then dealing with another used album in the world
Would everybody shut up about 2003 already.

And really, if you don't want to "deal" with another the used album, then HEY DUMB ASS, don't listen to it!
03:03 PM on 03/06/11
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Would everybody shut up about 2003 already.

And really, if you don't want to "deal" with another the used album, then HEY DUMB ASS, don't listen to it!
kinda hard not for me to hear some form of it due to my GF and some of my freinds love the used.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos