Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 132
03:49 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Without competition Apple has no reason to continue improving iPods at a quick rate. Competition=good.
Except that they can make buckets of money each time they do because people will line up to buy the newest model? Besides, I'd hardly consider the Zune legitimate competition.
03:54 PM on 03/17/11
neo506
thy foes profanely rage
User Info.
Wait they were still in production until recently?
03:54 PM on 03/17/11
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
Except that they can make buckets of money each time they do because people will line up to buy the newest model? Besides, I'd hardly consider the Zune legitimate competition.
In the end no competition equals no need for constant innovation. Business 101. And the Zune HD was probably the iPods only major competition.
03:55 PM on 03/17/11
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
"Oh no! Not the Zune!" said no one...
03:56 PM on 03/17/11
s12sim
pi >> cake
User Info.
Technological Darwinism at work.
nice
03:59 PM on 03/17/11
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
Zune was pretty much screwed from the beginning.
04:08 PM on 03/17/11
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Mother fucker. Now I have to convert all my music and buy new goddamn speakers. Stupid cheap family getting me a Zune instead of an iPod.

That's what I hate about being the oldest. They get you the shitty stuff, but they get your younger siblings every new, amazing gizmo that comes out.
04:11 PM on 03/17/11
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
User Info.
Rip.
04:12 PM on 03/17/11
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
at least they tried...
04:13 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
In the end no competition equals no need for constant innovation. Business 101. And the Zune HD was probably the iPods only major competition.
Okay, I see what you're saying I believe. I think you're saying that Apple might continue to put out new versions of the iPod semi-frequently as they do now (which I am certain they will) but that they won't be as innovative, i.e. there won't be that much different about them because there is no competition?

That makes sense, but the only problem is that that argument is based upon the premise that the Zune was in fact a legitimate competitor, which quite frankly it wasn't.

In that chart Zune isn't even the #1 competitor to the iPod. That chart is from 2007, but the article states that last year iPod had 77% of the digital media player market, so the Zune HD obviously didn't change Apple's foothold much.
04:13 PM on 03/17/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Mother fucker. Now I have to convert all my music and buy new goddamn speakers. Stupid cheap family getting me a Zune instead of an iPod.

That's what I hate about being the oldest. They get you the shitty stuff, but they get your younger siblings every new, amazing gizmo that comes out.
Why in the world would you need new speakers? Also, please tell me you weren't ripping your music in WMA format.
04:16 PM on 03/17/11
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
dont have a problem with my brick zune other than the fact that it is a brick. i like the software a lot more than itunes though no doubt about it.
The Brews
User Info.

Get a job!
Dat4
User Info.
Bummer but it's not like I didn't see this coming. I'm glad they will keep the software because I despise the way Itunes works. It's such an atrocious program.
04:19 PM on 03/17/11
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.

Wow, either you don't understand how digital media formats work, or you're a fucking idiot for buying/ripping WMAs. Also I'm pretty sure they both have the same 1/8" headphone jack so yeah, I wouldn't worry about new speakers unless your speakers operate through the USB port. And your shit still works with your Zune, obviously.

Alternately you could stop bitching about your family, get a fucking job, and buy your own stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos