Username
Password
Sparta News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Sparta
Inside AP.net

Jim Ward Pledges Support for Obama

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (02/18/08)
Jim Ward (Sparta) has sent out a bulletin urging everyone to vote for Obama.
Message from JimThe last few weeks of my life have been inspiring and I am left, at least to some degree, a changed man. It started with an invitation to play a rally for Barack Obama with my friends in Bright Eyes in Omaha. I stood amongst some of the most charged up and positive folks I have ever met. Up to this point, although knowing that I have voted for Democrats in almost all contests, I had yet to fully embrace a candidate for the Democratic Party. I was moved by the volunteer’s passion for a change and the stories they told me of how they ended up signing on with the Obama campaign. I bought his book, Audacity of Hope, and read through his web site learning his positions.

I love our country very much. I am proud to be American, but I am tired of apologizing for it as I have traveled the world over the last 8 years. We need a change, a significant change. We need a change that will lead our country and our citizens back into the world as a partner, not an aggressor.
I believe that Barack Obama is the person that can do this. He has inspired me and motivated me to be as active as I have ever been in a campaign. I have been in touch with the staff and have offered whatever help I can give signing on as a volunteer in El Paso, Texas.
Texas is a battle ground that needs to be won. As about the proudest Texan one can be, I feel the need to do what I can to help win this state in the primary. Voting is March 4, 2208, and you can find your information at www.BarackObama.com as to where you can cast your vote.
Though I will be out of the country on the actual day of the vote, I will cast my ballot February 19 during early voting. I will be voting for Barack Obama, and I strongly urge you to do the same.
Through the years, I have asked you to vote, and I have only asked you to vote. This time I feel so strongly about this that I ask you to learn everything you can about Mr. Obama and then vote for him. He is hope, and we need that.
Thanks you very much for reading this-
Love,
Jim Ward

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
02:22 PM on 02/18/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All of his live performances coming from Porcelain was wearing this shirt that said "VOTE". Good for him. Jim Ward rocks.

02:28 PM on 02/18/08
dustyfloors
Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
I think it's cool he's psyched but I kinda feel like people don't need to be urged to vote for anyone.
Over/under on days before Jim Ward is musical guest on Oprah!?
02:28 PM on 02/18/08
clace
stokin' the neighbors
User Info.
I'm a Texan voting for Obama. For some reason, I never trust early voting, so I'll be voting March 4.
02:30 PM on 02/18/08
redalibi
She's always calling my bluff
User Info.
I was hoping for Ron Paul, but I mean...his delegate count goal is unrealistic. Considering I'm a huge fan of everything Jim has done and Obama was my second choice for president. I will be voting for him.
02:31 PM on 02/18/08
badnewsherald
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
let the kids decide for themselves
02:31 PM on 02/18/08
Bryannnnn
User Info.
Actually, the texas primary is March 4, 2008. Is 2208 an election year?
02:32 PM on 02/18/08
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
Love Jim and I hope Obama gets the nomination and wins this thing.
02:33 PM on 02/18/08
dannydrifffft
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Voting is March 4, 2208, and you can find your information at www.BarackObama.com as to where you can cast your vote.

Man that's quite a ways away.
02:34 PM on 02/18/08
radiogirl
User Info.
Good
02:35 PM on 02/18/08
Bryannnnn
User Info.
Actually, it IS an election year.

Well played Mr. Ward.. Well played...
02:42 PM on 02/18/08
reedard
User Info.
agreed
02:44 PM on 02/18/08
TheLoyalVox
www.thegreatdigression.tu mblr.com
User Info.
Well said (with the exception of being off by 200 years), Obama is by far the best candidate. :)
02:55 PM on 02/18/08
amysaurus
gonna stay eighteen forever.
User Info.
Yay, Obama
02:58 PM on 02/18/08
Pete Walton
When I'm dead I'll rest
User Info.
Sparta is one of my favorite bands ever and Jim Ward is very talented when it comes to music. He's free to vote for whomever he wants but I pray that his guy doesn't win. Anyone who doesn't plan to study the candidates and issues for themselves and would simply follow the suggestion of a musician should instead stay home on election day.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums