AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Late In The Playoffs Kickstarter

Posted by - 10:27 AM on 03/29/11
Late In The Playoffs only has a few days left on their Kickstarter. Check out more info here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
10:28 AM on 03/29/11
lostfear
Jakesonaplane
User Info.
Love these dudes. give em a buck or two folks!
11:11 AM on 03/29/11
ExpensiveTaste
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I also love these dudes, great band! Just dropped $10.
11:24 AM on 03/29/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
I love this band just because of the name, but I'm liking the idea of kickstarters less and less.
11:41 AM on 03/29/11
cambridge4301
User Info.
I love this band just because of the name, but I'm liking the idea of kickstarters less and less.

Why? Kickstarter is an awesome idea.
11:44 AM on 03/29/11
incognitojones
User Info.
Why? Kickstarter is an awesome idea.
I think its great for a lot of reasons, but I've seen it used by some bands who just seem too lazy to make the money on their own. It cheapens the whole idea for me.
12:33 PM on 03/29/11
JonnyJonnyJonny
Jonny - TMTMM/Flavorsaurus
User Info.
The idea of kickstartes has started to grow on me a little... BUT a kickstarter for their debut EP??? Come on now. How about play a bunch of shows and save the money to go record the way it has always been done. That being said... i like the song they have on their bandcamp ... sounds a bit like Sherwood's melodies had a baby with Jimmy Eats World's Harmonies. Still, i think you should have to pay your dues a little bit.
02:10 PM on 03/29/11
cambridge4301
User Info.
I think its great for a lot of reasons, but I've seen it used by some bands who just seem too lazy to make the money on their own. It cheapens the whole idea for me.

The idea of kickstartes has started to grow on me a little... BUT a kickstarter for their debut EP??? Come on now. How about play a bunch of shows and save the money to go record the way it has always been done. That being said... i like the song they have on their bandcamp ... sounds a bit like Sherwood's melodies had a baby with Jimmy Eats World's Harmonies. Still, i think you should have to pay your dues a little bit.

I dont know if i agree completely. Expenses are high enough to be in a band and then to record makes it even harder. They arent just taking your money, their giving you their EP and shirts and other things.
02:28 PM on 03/29/11
incognitojones
User Info.
I dont know if i agree completely. Expenses are high enough to be in a band and then to record makes it even harder. They arent just taking your money, their giving you their EP and shirts and other things.

I just prefer it when bands do it themselves, unless there is some legitimate reason they need to use a kick starter. My band had to work and borrow/pay back money to pay for our record, just asking for it seems like taking the easy way out.
03:42 PM on 03/29/11
sean-reid
alreadyheard.com
User Info.
Hopefully this band can get their EP out. I've been playing the demo on repeat for weeks.
09:41 PM on 03/29/11
danielplaysbass
ballin'
User Info.
I just prefer it when bands do it themselves, unless there is some legitimate reason they need to use a kick starter. My band had to work and borrow/pay back money to pay for our record, just asking for it seems like taking the easy way out.
I agree with you completely.

I play in this band, we have been playing shows, saving up, working hard. We believe in these songs a lot and have spent a ton of time getting them ready. We put a lot of money into tracking the album, as well as having it mixed by Jamie Woolford, who we are huge fans of and couldn't be more excited to have work on the record. Now, the kickstarter is a simple situation. We're all full time students, working, and trying to take our band to whatever our next level is. We are reaching out to those who might believe in us to help get the record made physically. We thought a lot about doing a digital record, but all thought that a physical product is something that we would be really proud of. We put a ton of money into the recording process, and have come up a little short when it comes to manufacturing and preparing artwork. We just want to get the word out about our band.

Sorry if it seems like we're taking the easy way out, but we felt that we needed to get this EP out and realistically, this was a way that we decided to give a shot. We're honored that people have believed in us enough to get us to where we are, and with a few days and couple hundreds dollars left we're just trying to make ends meet. We came up with some incentives, or rewards that we thought were pretty fair, and don't want anyone to think we're just taking money for granted without giving back.

Hope you guys like the EP as much as we do when it comes out.

Dan
09:45 PM on 03/29/11
incognitojones
User Info.
I agree with you completely.

I play in this band, we have been playing shows, saving up, working hard. We believe in these songs a lot and have spent a ton of time getting them ready. We put a lot of money into tracking the album, as well as having it mixed by Jamie Woolford, who we are huge fans of and couldn't be more excited to have work on the record. Now, the kickstarter is a simple situation. We're all full time students, working, and trying to take our band to whatever our next level is. We are reaching out to those who might believe in us to help get the record made physically. We thought a lot about doing a digital record, but all thought that a physical product is something that we would be really proud of. We put a ton of money into the recording process, and have come up a little short when it comes to manufacturing and preparing artwork. We just want to get the word out about our band.

Sorry if it seems like we're taking the easy way out, but we felt that we needed to get this EP out and realistically, this was a way that we decided to give a shot. We're honored that people have believed in us enough to get us to where we are, and with a few days and couple hundreds dollars left we're just trying to make ends meet. We came up with some incentives, or rewards that we thought were pretty fair, and don't want anyone to think we're just taking money for granted without giving back.

Hope you guys like the EP as much as we do when it comes out.

Dan
nah, I wasn't even talking about you guys, i was just speaking in general about some bands I see doing it instead of using their own money. I wish you guys luck with it, you obviously put a lot of time into it already.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos