AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Drama News - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 186.
07:44 PM on 04/02/11
armoireofdoom
User Info.
He;s the childish dick everybody assumed he was.
07:48 PM on 04/02/11
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
well first off i said a lil funny not so funny. if a person can't find some humor in their mistakes well they're living life too seriously, that doesn't mean they can't learn from it still. also when i said we aren't important enough to be hated or loved by thousands of ppl was just that. i didn't say he was important so ppl like or dislike him. has nothing to do wit it. obviously he's important enough to have an article on here wit hundreds of comments. should speak in itself. read before makin me think you're just a jackass.
Yeah I look like a jackass because I think it's sad that someone is so fucked up and doesn't even care about his own health.
10:37 PM on 04/02/11
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
that sucks, but $11 is a sweet steal! to me, Emmure & Chiodos were worth the $26 and 3 hour drive. glad Jimmy Kimmel didn't put AA on, he's too good for that.
Haha yeah, it was a steal for sure! I was debating going , and then they dropped it to the 11 and I was like "well definitely going now." and jumped on getting the tickets.
02:35 AM on 04/03/11
moonlights
cinco de mayo!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well I'll be the first one to actually contribute something relevant to the thread...

At first I was irritated to hear this but after his statement I really hope he can knock that shit off. Whether you like the band or not, people spend their hard earned money on shows and one of the quickest ways to quick all interest in watching a set is realizing the some of the band members are drunk. It's very disrespectful, kind of like saying "We don't take you fans seriously and just want to goof off". I've only seen several shows in which the singers are drunk/tipsy (The Graduate, Of Machines) and it was quit disappointing.
i think it works for some people (see: conor oberst... it's been a long time since i've seen him [next week!!] but as i remember circa 2004ish he put on much better shows drunk than sober) but not being THAT drunk to the point of being incoherent and belligerent. i think there's definitely some performers that are a bit shy and much better with a drink or two to loosen them up or whatnot and hell, if i were onstage i'd probably take some drinks up there with me too - but there's definitely a line between being tipsy onstage and it making you more playful and being so beyond drunk that you are incapacitated, belligerent, and disrespectful.

i have some wonderful memories of tim kasher playing in a warehouse-turned-theatre and giving and audience member some cash to go grab him another glass of wine from the bar...

La Dispute, Defeater, Pianos Become The Teeth, Touche Amore, We Were Skeletons, The Saddest Landscape. If you don't like any of those bands, then I have no idea what you're looking for. If you do, then welcome to the best new scene in music in years.
THANK YOU i've totally fallen out of this scene but from what i've seen/heard of touche amore and defeater they're amazing and if only i had more time in my life like
05:58 AM on 04/03/11
Chadhole
Nad Bashing
User Info.
"From Danny's Twitter ..." Umm, that's WAY over 140 characters...
08:37 AM on 04/03/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
i think it works for some people (see: conor oberst... it's been a long time since i've seen him [next week!!] but as i remember circa 2004ish he put on much better shows drunk than sober) but not being THAT drunk to the point of being incoherent and belligerent. i think there's definitely some performers that are a bit shy and much better with a drink or two to loosen them up or whatnot and hell, if i were onstage i'd probably take some drinks up there with me too - but there's definitely a line between being tipsy onstage and it making you more playful and being so beyond drunk that you are incapacitated, belligerent, and disrespectful.

i have some wonderful memories of tim kasher playing in a warehouse-turned-theatre and giving and audience member some cash to go grab him another glass of wine from the bar...

THANK YOU i've totally fallen out of this scene but from what i've seen/heard of touche amore and defeater they're amazing and if only i had more time in my life like
I agree. I'm sure it's very nervewracking to be up on stage, especially when bands become more popular than the members may have anticipated. So, having a couple drinks to "mellow out" is no big deal at all. It's just, like you said, the point where they are absolutely drunk and can't perform and/or are rude to their fans that's irritating.
09:07 AM on 04/03/11
MonstarGibson
...spin 'round carousel..
User Info.
Can't stand this band, but I watched the video and enjoyed seeing the bassist rip him back onto the stage by the collar of his shirt. ha
10:09 AM on 04/03/11
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
Yeah I look like a jackass because I think it's sad that someone is so fucked up and doesn't even care about his own health.
i believe the saying is sex drugs and rock n roll.
10:16 AM on 04/03/11
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
So where's the little funny?
the headline to this article. the comments. the video. it's all a lil funny to me. bc the man was up on a stage fucked up in front of a crowd isn't some new thing that's never happened in the music scene.
11:15 AM on 04/03/11
I'mOnAHorse
Yeezy Season
User Info.
the headline to this article. the comments. the video. it's all a lil funny to me. bc the man was up on a stage fucked up in front of a crowd isn't some new thing that's never happened in the music scene.
So what if it's not new?
11:21 AM on 04/03/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
The whole "It's Rock N Roll, he's supposed to be fuckin smashed and belligerent" argument is fuckin stupid.
01:48 PM on 04/03/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
He's real... dumb.
02:11 PM on 04/03/11
greggillilan
User Info.
Can't stand this band, but I watched the video and enjoyed seeing the bassist rip him back onto the stage by the collar of his shirt. ha
agreed.
03:14 PM on 04/03/11
Lycareth
You tell me
User Info.
I fail to see the irony.

It's alright. Most of you do.
03:44 PM on 04/03/11
isntnikione
I've never heard of you either!
User Info.
I'm getting so sick of this *rockstar* fucking behaviour coming out from these younger bands lately. Do whatever you want on your own time, but being in a band - is not an excuse to get fucked all the time and disappoint the people who pay for your lifestyle. At the end of the day, it's a job, act professionally!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS