Password

Album Review
Atmosphere - The Family Sign Album Cover

Atmosphere - The Family Sign

Reviewed by
Atmosphere - The Family Sign
Record Label: Rhymesayers Entertainment
Release Date: April 12, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Ian Walker. You can see all of Ian Walker's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
10:20 AM on 04/12/11
JoshIsArealBoy
STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!!
User Info.
I wonder what inspired the fat kid arm album cover?
10:48 AM on 04/12/11
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
His kid maybe?
10:51 AM on 04/12/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I'm afraid to listen to this album. Atmosphere and Minneapolis hip-hip for life, but anyone that has been fans of Atmosphere for ten years would agree that he isn't getting any better. That said, I'm glad Slug and Ant get the recognition they deserve nationwide. No one more deserving other than the Doomtree crew as far as MN talent is concerned.

EDIT: Pretty sure the album is titled "The Family Sign" because it's the first full length that all four have collaborated on - since the last double EP isn't technically a full studio LP.
10:53 AM on 04/12/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

I think his son's a bit older, Smeezy. By the by, saw Dom last week at the Entry...see that dude if he plays Cali soon!!
10:57 AM on 04/12/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.

If the name of the album is any indication, much of the subject matter is about family, blood or otherwise.

I'm afraid to listen to this album. Atmosphere and Minneapolis hip-hip for life, but anyone that has been fans of Atmosphere for ten years would agree that he isn't getting any better. That said, I'm glad Slug and Ant get the recognition they deserve nationwide. No one more deserving other than the Doomtree crew as far as MN talent is concerned.

This is an unfortunate truth, if not a bit arguable. This is still a really solid release though, so check it out!
10:59 AM on 04/12/11
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm afraid to listen to this album. Atmosphere and Minneapolis hipo-hip for life, but anyone that has been fans of Atmosphere for ten years would agree that he isn't getting any better. That said, I'm glad Slug and Ant get the recognition they deserve nationwide. No one more deserving other than the Doomtree crew as far as MN talent is concerned.

Whaaat? You sir are a good guy. His storytelling, metaphors, content has all gotten better. Ive followed atmosphere since lucy ford. I saw him before glu came out. And ive seen his probobly 4x since. While i do miss seeing him perform in tiny bars (blind pig) i believe he has gotten better with almost every release. The music he GIVES away is better than most emcees music. He releases so many eps, collaborations etc.
The family sign is no exception. Its pleasing to the ears, it has thought provoking lyrics and stories mixed with humor and bravado and it flows pretty seemlessly (except bad bad daddy as the reviewer mentioned)
If theres one person im a total fanboy of...its slug.
11:00 AM on 04/12/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
If the name of the album is any indication, much of the subject matter is about family, blood or otherwise.

This is an unfortunate truth, if not a bit arguable. This is still a really solid release though, so check it out!

Oh yeah, I always do and I always make it to the shows...it's just how it is. Slug is one of the nicest dudes I've met. I'll always support his music.
11:05 AM on 04/12/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Whaaat? You sir are a moron. His storytelling, metaphors, content has all gotten better. Ive followed atmosphere since lucy ford. I saw him before glu came out. And ive seen his probobly 4x since. While i do miss seeing him perform in tiny bars (blind pig) i believe he has gotten better with almost every release. The music he GIVES away is better than most emcees music. He releases so many eps, collaborations etc.

If theres one person im a total fanboy of...its slug.

No need for name calling here, bro. It seems like we are on the same page anyway. I loved Lemons and i'm not complaining about him getting bigger...i actually love it. I'm not saying his lyrical chops haven't gotten better either...the newer music just isn't for me. And your moron comment became mute after you called yrself a fanboy. We have been fans of his the same amount. Overcast anyone? Don't just namedrop if you have no idea what you are talking about. I've seen the guys a donzen times.
11:07 AM on 04/12/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
And what the fuck is "glu?" And the "blind pig" for that matter.
11:18 AM on 04/12/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
And what the fuck is "glu?" And the "blind pig" for that matter.
I think "blind pig" is a small venue/bar or something.
11:21 AM on 04/12/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I think "blind pig" is a small venue/bar or something.

Figured. But where? It's not in Minneapolis...

Edit: looks like Michigan
11:28 AM on 04/12/11
John_Barnes
I'm not a self help book.
User Info.
Almost teared up while listening to "The Last To Say". Great song, great album. Also, "She's Enough" is really out of place compared to the rest of the album, but it makes for one heck of a single.
11:33 AM on 04/12/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Figured. But where? It's not in Minneapolis...

Edit: looks like Michigan
Yeah, I believe so.
12:04 PM on 04/12/11
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No need for name calling here, bro. It seems like we are on the same page anyway. I loved Lemons and i'm not complaining about him getting bigger...i actually love it. I'm not saying his lyrical chops haven't gotten better either...the newer music just isn't for me. And your moron comment became mute after you called yrself a fanboy. We have been fans of his the same amount. Overcast anyone? Don't just namedrop if you have no idea what you are talking about. I've seen the guys a donzen times.

Im sorry about calling you moron. Youre obviously not. Honestly. Glu is god loves ugly. The blind pig is a small bar in ann arbor that i used to see them perform at before they crossed over to a bigger audience. Again sorry for my childishness.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos