07:06 PM on 04/13/11
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
nope
07:20 PM on 04/13/11
Mynameis7
User Info.
I used to hate them, now I hate them and anyone who actually thinks this is good.
Hey boy, that means you hate me, so...suck my thick sut cock you little boy!
07:44 PM on 04/13/11
Jason949
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Asking Alexandria is to metalcore as the Black Eyed Peas are to pop music, its dumbed down, generic as fuck, rips off other artists in undesirable ways, and is only listened to by idiots and kids. This was their Super Bowl. They peaked, its over, let the next shitty trend band roll in as these assholes drink their money away pretending they are rock stars.

I just hope Sumerian stops complaining about illegal downloading, but what you rather have legitimately talented bands that don't sell well or pieces of shit that get big? It must be rough to be them.
nailed it
07:48 PM on 04/13/11
drthvdr
User Info.
This was really good,one of the best hardcore bands around,and this new album is really good,Now that they have a good amount of listeners im glad they stuck to the similar style that they had on the first album....sometimes when a band gets big they seem to go soft and become more radio friendly my examples are A Day To Remember & I See Stars...but AA continue to keep it heavy the only song besides "Dedication" on the new album that isnt all heavy is "Someone Somewhere" and this is the song they keep putting out their and i really like it,it shows a different side of them and best of all they were able to experiment a more Rock feeling that they wanted to try by only doing it on one song on the album so they didnt end up changing their style. Its Danny's favorite song to sing live and is a very personal song for him and the more i hear it the more i grow to like it.Danny's personality is wonderful he can read everyones posts in this thread,which he probably wont hes probably drinking and getting laid & after reading all the negativity he wouldnt give a single fuck. the more people hate on AA the more people check them out and dig their songs...As for their performance its a huge improvement from their past couple shows and if this band isnt your cup of tea than its best to try and avoid them cuz danny sure loves to eat up the media...AA ftw.

Ha.
07:49 PM on 04/13/11
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
no care for this band at all, but the first song sounded like fall out boy meets atreyu from what i heard. no care to check out the second song.
07:59 PM on 04/13/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
of all the scene/metalcore bands, Kimmel gets these wankers? their fans can't even stay up past 10pm to watch it

aa wish they were Avenged Sevenfold. M Shadows can sing his ass off
I'm not saying M Shadows sucks but the AA lead singer's talking voice sounds like Shadows. The AA dude can't sing or scream at all.
08:00 PM on 04/13/11
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
they sound awful even with backing tracks.
08:00 PM on 04/13/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Asking Alexandria is to metalcore as the Black Eyed Peas are to pop music, its dumbed down, generic as fuck, rips off other artists in undesirable ways, and is only listened to by idiots and kids. This was their Super Bowl. They peaked, its over, let the next shitty trend band roll in as these assholes drink their money away pretending they are rock stars.

I just hope Sumerian stops complaining about illegal downloading, but what you rather have legitimately talented bands that don't sell well or pieces of shit that get big? It must be rough to be them.
Bravo!
08:02 PM on 04/13/11
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
User Info.
People get so butthurt at the success of mediocre bands. Fact is this band has the formula right for enough people to like them and to propel them to substantial success, if that offends you then you've really got to get your priorities straightened out.

My opinion, I liked a few of the songs off their first album, they had good energy to them (Not the American Average was a great break up song. haha). I supported this band throughout their first few American tours until I got tired of their music and wanted more. The new CD is here, and it's taken the same predictable steps towards mass marketability as every band in their genre, and therefore lost a lot of it's charm.

Does this make them bad, and worthy of such hate? Hell no. It's ridiculous how transparent people are being. We get it, they're getting more and more popular and you have to show off how much you hate anything that is popular or slightly derivative. They're not pushing any musical boundaries, but hating on them for their success because it's not your cup of tea is pathetic. Not everybody cares about how instrumentally talented a band is or how original it is. If it makes them happy, it gets their cash. It's that simple. Hate on people for enjoying themselves and you just look like you're trying too hard to stand out as different from the norm. You special little snowflakes, you.
08:14 PM on 04/13/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Honestly, if it weren't for internet pirating, this band would be nowhere.
08:29 PM on 04/13/11
SecretsFromYou
User Info.
People get so butthurt at the success of mediocre bands. Fact is this band has the formula right for enough people to like them and to propel them to substantial success, if that offends you then you've really got to get your priorities straightened out.

My opinion, I liked a few of the songs off their first album, they had good energy to them (Not the American Average was a great break up song. haha). I supported this band throughout their first few American tours until I got tired of their music and wanted more. The new CD is here, and it's taken the same predictable steps towards mass marketability as every band in their genre, and therefore lost a lot of it's charm.

Does this make them bad, and worthy of such hate? Hell no. It's ridiculous how transparent people are being. We get it, they're getting more and more popular and you have to show off how much you hate anything that is popular or slightly derivative. They're not pushing any musical boundaries, but hating on them for their success because it's not your cup of tea is pathetic. Not everybody cares about how instrumentally talented a band is or how original it is. If it makes them happy, it gets their cash. It's that simple. Hate on people for enjoying themselves and you just look like you're trying too hard to stand out as different from the norm. You special little snowflakes, you.
Undoubtedly the most articulate and intelligent statement in this thread. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like this band at all (their popularity has nothing to do with that, mind you)
08:53 PM on 04/13/11
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
What is going on with music? jesus.
09:02 PM on 04/13/11
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
"We're sorry, Jimmy Kimmel. We will make this right."

:)
09:06 PM on 04/13/11
Tsukuyomi
User Info.
The "Lulz" at how much time you people waste, hating on a band that produced a successful record. They're having fun and living their life, and playing shows, and entertaining. What are you guys doing? Talk shit on Forums. LOL.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos