Password
Rise Records News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 181 of 181.
07:11 AM on 04/15/11
IamtheDIVINE
thendobetter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the so-called "shit talkers" in this thread seem to make significantly better points than you do. this band does not have a single original characteristic to them, and are signed to a label that goes out of its way to find cookie-cutter screamo/post hardcore bands. i am into many different styles of music and have been to many live shows; and i can honestly say that this scene has notably the worst performers out of any other music style that i have ever witnessed. you obviously could care less about the passion for music that many bands have, and are perfectly okay with the fact that these atrocious/generic bands are flooding venues that once held real music.
well... now that so much time has passed, Woe, is me has some experience under their belts, and the band has blown up beyond huge, do you still claim that these other people make a better point than me. W,IM are known for having a great live show and and their CD is doing extremely well so i guess all your assumptions about them sucking just because they did a cover was completely wrong. i agree with you that a lot of scene bands are terrible live, and i believe its because those bands usually try to do more live than their capable of. That being said, there definitely are bands that pull off their show amazingly. ive been to quite a few shows lately and im stoked for all the up and coming bands. but there is a new wave of bands coming up that are super tight live. to name a few,

Abandon all ships (i know ill get ripped into for this one but those dudes play a sick live show and they own the crowd when theyre on stage),
Woe, Is Me (very solid live),
I See Stars, (devin can sing just as great without autotune he just prefers to have that type of sound on a lot of their stuff)
Us, From outside (one of the most unique, fan attentive and hard working bands to recently come to the scene. their singer can actually sing and doesnt need Pitch Correction or ATune and the screamer has a great authentic sounding scream with intensity and solid placement in the songs (tho id like to here more of him on the LP).
Memphis May Fire (stellar live, and great dudes. i got to meet them about a week ago and they are so down to earth i love them)
close your eyes, ( not my favorite but their album is pretty awesome, and tho they arent the best live band touring at the moment they hold their own
LetLive ( another amazing band live and recorded that Tragic Hero records completely over looks and clearly doesnt recognize the potential they have to make that label huge , much like the only other sick band they are lucky to have ,(Us, from outside), tho i hear both bands are moving onto bigger better labels very soon if not already.
the list goes on and on. you shouldnt blame an entire genre for the ugly mistakes that a lot of scene bands make by being carbon copies of eachother or the ones that write a 12 track album full of nothing but non stop breakdowns because they know it will gain them some attention at the shows. All the bands i named are unique in the scene in one way or another and i think you should check them out before completely giiving up on post hardcore. Jussayin bub
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS