Password

Album Review

The Airborne Toxic Event - All at Once Album Cover

The Airborne Toxic Event - All at Once

Reviewed by
The Airborne Toxic EventAll at Once
Record Label: Island
Release Date: April 26, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
08:55 PM on 04/27/11
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I expected to really love this album, but I only kinda like it. Wah wah.
10:22 PM on 04/27/11
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
Once I heard "Changing", I had high expectations for this record, but from what I've listened to it hasn't lived up to them (or that song, which is just a killer single).

Interesting band though, they were on Mark Hoppus' show a few weeks ago and the lead singer is a former fiction writer and just seemed really intelligent.
02:06 AM on 04/28/11
drzafs
spinning free
User Info.
I'll still check this out, I liked a good amount of the last album.
06:28 AM on 04/28/11
FifteenFleeting
Fifteen Fleeting
User Info.
Off Topic:

looking at your RIYL - whatever happened to Low Vs Diamond?
07:04 AM on 04/28/11
spleen
We dance like fucking animals
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's not as amazing as their s/t but overall, it's a good album. I was just a little disappointed.
07:22 AM on 04/28/11
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
User Info.
Generally speaking, I'm disappointed with this record. I think All I Ever Wanted could possibly be my song of the year so far but with that said, I'm not super into many others. It's going to get plays regardless of the situation but it certainly hasn't instantly hit me like their Self Titled did.
08:45 AM on 04/28/11
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
Great record. Starts off strong, but doesn't seem to end that way. Maybe it's just me
09:28 AM on 04/28/11
AC91
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Interesting band though, they were on Mark Hoppus' show a few weeks ago and the lead singer is a former fiction writer and just seemed really intelligent.

Apparently the story behind the first album is that he was going to make it into a novel, but decided it sounded better to music so wrote it for the CD instead.

As for this album, I really enjoyed it. I didn't expect it to be that great, but it was better than I had assumed. It just has a good sound going throughout. There is obviously no Sometime Around Midnight type hit, but as a whole I think I might be enjoying it more than their first.
09:30 AM on 04/28/11
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
I'm totally indifferent to this band but I hope the Pitchfork review is hilarious
09:51 AM on 04/28/11
fsmith84
Lock and load
User Info.
Great record. Starts off strong, but doesn't seem to end that way. Maybe it's just me
I don't think the best tracks are at the end (it's all downhill for me after "Welcome To Your Wedding"), but "The Graveyard Near the House" is probably one of the better songs on the album. Could just be me.
12:56 PM on 04/28/11
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
Saw this band on some late-night show the other day and it reminded me of Arcade Fire if they were to just go "fuck it. We don't care anymore."
04:35 PM on 04/28/11
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
I don't think the best tracks are at the end (it's all downhill for me after "Welcome To Your Wedding"), but "The Graveyard Near the House" is probably one of the better songs on the album. Could just be me.
I fully agree that it's a good closer. I just wish a majority of the tracks had the same feel as the first three.
05:46 PM on 04/28/11
zman444
kew d00d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm totally indifferent to this band but I hope the Pitchfork review is hilarious

Can't wait for that.
08:20 PM on 04/28/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If this band skipped some of the pretension they could be a pretty damn good rock band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos