AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

National Product News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Help Design A T-Shirt For A Good Cause

Posted by - 07:53 AM on 03/12/08
Danny from National Product is looking for someone who can design a logo for Faceless International.
Message from Dannyk check it out...i dont need people that "like" to draw or design. I need someone that REALLY has their stuff together and is willing to help me out on something.

As you all know im all about charity. I am becoming involved in a new ORG called Faceless International. I recently heard about it via Absolutepunk.net posting that Anberlin was involved, i saw what the cause was for and now im designing a logo that will be used for merchandise that will be sold for the organization. What is the organization about?

Glad you asked. Human Trafficking is a 7 billion dollar a year business. Young women, little girls are being smuggled into the USA and/or forced into sexual slavery. These young women are promised better lives, a good husband, and are tricked and then forced into a lifestyle where they are initially sold at their highest value as a virgin. After they are no longer virgins, they are used as sex slaves where up to as many as 5 guys at a time gang rape them and pay to do so.

The merchandise we are making will be unique, i already have the concept, i need YOU to design it. The money will go towards building trade centers for these young women where they will in a sense "get their faces/identities back" while learning new trades to sustain a living. The money will be used as well to feed and sustain these women during their reintroduction into the world.

I am planning a trip with Faceless where I was told we would be going to South America, Hawaii and other countries. If YOU are picked, you will be coming with me and Faceless. I promise that on my life, even if I have to pay for your ticket. It will be documented and made into a DVD much like TWLOHA & Invisible Children who are brothers/sisters of what Faceless does.

How can you get started:

Email me: Danny@npmusic.com

Subject: Faceless

I will send you the idea I have, you will design it. I cannot promise I will pick any one persons design. I will take the best that represent the concept. You will be doing this for FREE because your heart is a good one, and because you like me, believe in changing the world. You like me, love music whether its 5 kids or 5,000 and you believe that music also saves lives and because you like me, have people we loved, who we would never want to see hurt.

What you get.... besides a whole crapload of Karma, if thats your thing, you get an incredible sense of what humanity is, and....if your picked YOU will come with me to wherever we go where we will help build, reshape and reconstruct these young peoples lives. We will sing songs, and we most deff will cry together and laugh and know that we did something awesome.

Are you in?

Danny@npmusic.com

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
08:13 AM on 03/12/08
Rest_Easy
accidentally on purpose
User Info.
makes me wish I 'had my stuff together'... or could design.

sounds like a great opportunity to build a portfolio and do some good.
08:35 AM on 03/12/08
ohgodohnoiam
fil mish mish
User Info.
"we would be going to South America, Hawaii and other countries"

That gave me a few laughs. Regardless, this sounds like a good cause.
08:53 AM on 03/12/08
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
if I could cut hair and have a logo come out of it, I would do that in a heartbeat. good luck to all those who apply and thanks danny for spreading the word.
09:05 AM on 03/12/08
__heartattack
User Info.
Hawaii is a country now?
09:05 AM on 03/12/08
Zarina Rexroat
User Info.
Sounds good.
Is this the same trip that Stephen Christian(from Anberlin) going on?
09:23 AM on 03/12/08
oknowwhat
User Info.
thats a great thing that they are doing this. i wish i could help
09:25 AM on 03/12/08
Jared Was Like
Jared
User Info.
I hope I can help, this is exactly what I'm going to school for.

Electricgoldfishdesign.com
09:30 AM on 03/12/08
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.
This sounds like a great oppurtunity for someone
09:39 AM on 03/12/08
gracky
Don't you float away.
User Info.
I actually just did a project on human trafficking - it really is just disgusting and sad.
It's really cool that people in bands are getting involved with this.
09:44 AM on 03/12/08
ShoeSh1ne
That's what she said
User Info.
Hawaii is a country now?

He named some places you would go, and then said other countries as well. Would you rather him say South Africa, the United States, and other countries? No.
10:04 AM on 03/12/08
earlynovemberX
User Info.
its really good to see bands supporting causes like this one. props to danny and the anberlin guys. wish i could help in some way
10:16 AM on 03/12/08
TooLateF0rRoses
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hmmm how bout a Plain White Tee?! hahahaha i crack myself up
01:35 PM on 03/12/08
Jared Was Like
Jared
User Info.
Is anybody going to give this a shot? I wrote him earlier this morning and haven't received any info about his idea or design concept.
02:04 PM on 03/12/08
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
Danny's so legit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT