12:54 PM on 05/01/11
Nth Degree
Love the Future
User Info.
I am beyond jealous.
12:59 PM on 05/01/11
GrapesIndigo
User Info.
I've seen TBS live 3 times unintentionally. At each performance, Adam was very pitchy and made the crowd sing all the parts he couldn't. I think major fans are fooled by the collective spirit of the concert and because so many people are singing the words.
01:02 PM on 05/01/11
Heroin Robot
User Info.
WTF. Existentialism On Prom Night ?

SO JELLY SO JELLY
01:02 PM on 05/01/11
makeoutmags
every moment bleeds into one
User Info.
I'm so glad I got to witness this. Fucking amazing.
01:03 PM on 05/01/11
makeoutmags
User Info.
I've seen TBS live 3 times unintentionally. At each performance, Adam was very pitchy and made the crowd sing all the parts he couldn't. I think major fans are fooled by the collective spirit of the concert and because so many people are singing the words.
anybody who's been a taking back sunday fan since the beginning knows this and frankly doesn't care. it's more about the spirit of the crowd, the energy, a little nostalgia, and less about the voice.
01:05 PM on 05/01/11
makeoutmags
User Info.
WTF. Existentialism On Prom Night ?

SO JELLY SO JELLY
yeah, they started "covering" it on that first tour with the reunited lineup.
01:14 PM on 05/01/11
MyMindIsASafe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The fact that I didn't see this makes me hate life.

This is all I needed to say.
01:14 PM on 05/01/11
GrapesIndigo
User Info.
anybody who's been a taking back sunday fan since the beginning knows this and frankly doesn't care. it's more about the spirit of the crowd, the energy, a little nostalgia, and less about the voice.
It doesn't bother you if a band butchers their songs live?
01:16 PM on 05/01/11
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not after nearly a decade of seeing this lineup back together, fucking NOPE.
01:17 PM on 05/01/11
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Mosh pits are absolutely ridiculous and stupid. I've had to put up with moshers at eight of ten shows I've been to. Every friggin' time I'm near a pit, I need to divert my attention away from the band playing so I don't get punched in the jaw.

Mosh pits only present luxorious space to those in it because about ten-to-fifteen people have to shove everybody over to the side into very uncomfortable positions so that the moshers have more space to mosh. It's luxorious to you, but not to the ones who finally got a great view at the band only to lose it on the first song they play.

And the reason people stick their fists out two feet from their face is to keep the people moshing away from them. I can't believe someone would complain that they keep their fists out into the pit when those actually in the pit don't care who they hit. If the people in the pit don't care who they hit, then those on the outside of the pit don't care if somebody in the pit accidentally runs into a fist on the outside of the pit.

I rest my case.
Then go sit in the back and deal with it.
01:19 PM on 05/01/11
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.

Lol having the crowd singing along doesn't butcher their songs. Saw them 2 weeks ago and hung in the back with 3 friends who aren't really big fans and they all agreed that they could at least put on a great show. Adam sounded fantastic. Crowd was into it and they sounded 10x better than any of the opening acts. I was surprised that Anthony Green of Circa was the one unable to properly hit his notes. Point is allowing the fans to sing some of the lyrics doesn't mean he can't hit the notes he's just getting the crowd involved and it worked. Maybe he had an off night last night but that doesn't mean Adam isn't capable of singing those songs cause I've seen him do it over the years
01:21 PM on 05/01/11
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I skipped it because I don't listen to them for Chiddy Bang and XV. From the looks of it you're all going to hate me. Maybe I should have gone...
01:23 PM on 05/01/11
adamoflazzarath
Our Opinions Are Insane
User Info.

I couldn't agree more with this comment...during the "fazzi days" tbs sounded unbelievable....i saw them around 5 times then and every performance was super tight...it seems like since the old crew came back they feel like just being "back" is enough. Sean Cooper doesn't measure even close to Rubano....I counted multiple times the bass was out of time at bamboozle....bass and drums are the foundation of the songs, and if either slows or speeds up it results in a bad performance...anyway Dashboard Confessional crushed it so at least i got my moneys worth on one band

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos