Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 263
12:38 PM on 05/01/11
Truffle Shuffle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's great that you like shit. I mean, if you dont eat it up who will?

All of Nee Again was piss-poor. The closer was Ok, but it was better on their live album.
How can I like shit when I don't like you? I'm sure that you will have to use two posts, again, to attempt a response. I mean, after all, I did wake up this morning with a target on your back and am sure glad I struck a nerve, I can cross that off my list of shit to like today.

Sad thing is that you could take any of those songs I mentioned and place them randomly on any of their previous albums and/or tell someone that John Nolan was involved in writing those songs and you the fanboy would have a hard-on for them. However, context is context and it is much easier to go along with what everyone else thinks and label an entire album as shit. Truth is, the band has a shit load of crappy songs and a handful of good ones on each of their albums, and New Again followed suit.

PS - you are not James Bond.
12:41 PM on 05/01/11
SaintSammy17
I have nothing witty to write here.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
OH MY GOD why do I live in the midwest? :( This is just... wow.
12:44 PM on 05/01/11
makeoutmags
every moment bleeds into one
User Info.
Not after nearly a decade of seeing this lineup back together, fucking NOPE.
agreed. besides, i wouldn't say they butcher their songs live. the crowd participation is part of what makes their live show interesting. you get a feel for all the individual deeply personal connections people have made to this band, and i think that in itself is pretty special.
12:47 PM on 05/01/11
makeoutmags
every moment bleeds into one
User Info.
I couldn't agree more with this comment...during the "fazzi days" tbs sounded unbelievable....i saw them around 5 times then and every performance was super tight...it seems like since the old crew came back they feel like just being "back" is enough. Sean Cooper doesn't measure even close to Rubano....I counted multiple times the bass was out of time at bamboozle....bass and drums are the foundation of the songs, and if either slows or speeds up it results in a bad performance...anyway Dashboard Confessional crushed it so at least i got my moneys worth on one band
i get what everyone is saying about the crap they put out (they've put out two albums i don't even listen to) and how awful they are live, but i guess this band was never about actual music genius or talent for me. more about a feeling. kind of hard to explain.
12:47 PM on 05/01/11
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
User Info.
I'm an idiot? Why, because I don't see the appeal in fat guys running into each other then bouncing into people at the side? Because I've been to more than one show where a pit opened up right next to me with little kids nearby, who then got hurt? Yeah, you're a moron. Pits are the worst thing to happen at concerts for most everyone.
Yes. Pits= Not good for 99% of the crowd.
01:01 PM on 05/01/11
A Pilgrim
Destroy what you create.
User Info.
For the people who said they're jealous they didnt go, dont be....ive never heard a band sound so sloppy in my life. The sound was absolutely horrific, you could tell neither john or adam could hear themselves while they were singing. John made around 12 major mistakes on the guitar including the intro to greatest romances...sean cooper also fucked up the intro to error operator and made other timing mistakes....then to top it off adam tried to vindicate them being sponsored by coke and convincing the crowd it wasnt selling out...it was NOT a good show trust me

You weren't even there, dude. You were here complaining about how you hated the new songs. Are you Noah Fawkes or some stupid fake account trying to diss this band gratuitously? Seriously, you're the most pathetic user I've ever seen around these parts.
01:05 PM on 05/01/11
A Pilgrim
Destroy what you create.
User Info.
i get what everyone is saying about the crap they put out (they've put out two albums i don't even listen to) and how awful they are live, but i guess this band was never about actual music genius or talent for me. more about a feeling. kind of hard to explain.
This adamoflazzarath dude wasn't even there to begin with. I can't bother myself to look, but he was here last night complaining about the new songs. He complains about the band every single time he posts, he's basically a no life that has a fake account to diss them.
01:07 PM on 05/01/11
crimsonandclovr
Halt. Hammerzeit.
User Info.
that is fucking amazing.
i hate my life so much right now. -_-
01:08 PM on 05/01/11
emerson1892
COWABUNGA
User Info.
I'm going to see them at Northern Lights here in Albany with Gatsby's in about 3 hours! Excited to see what they play tonight! I'll post the set list when I get home.
01:09 PM on 05/01/11
adamoflazzarath
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You weren't even there, dude. You were here complaining about how you hated the new songs. Are you Noah Fawkes or some stupid fake account trying to diss this band gratuitously? Seriously, you're the most pathetic user I've ever seen around these parts.

haha dude don't get pissed cause your too afraid and not grounded enough to criticize a band you like...i love tbs, they are by far my favorite band....but people pay money to go to concerts...they can write whatever music "makes them happy" but when your not tight and sound like you didnt practice it pisses ppl off because they paid money to hear them DO THEIR JOB.....and as far as the new songs go....i think they wrote very good songs, but the production sounds like bubble gum...in my opinion it sounds like the record label is breathing down their neck and wants them to sell records better then they have in the past..thats how major labels work buddy, im sorry you dont know shit about the music industry...and maybe it was their decision to have the record sound like that...either way, my opinion is that its super poppy and sounds like it will have little replay value due to its lack of depth...tbs is lucky they have so many fans like you who will love them no matter what....real fans who care about the music can take a step back and really analyze whats going on...but obviously these are my opinions and yours are yours
01:11 PM on 05/01/11
AbsentTruth
we will overcome
User Info.
Damn. Wish I was there.
01:15 PM on 05/01/11
A Pilgrim
Destroy what you create.
User Info.
haha dude don't get pissed cause your too afraid and not grounded enough to criticize a band you like...i love tbs, they are by far my favorite band....but people pay money to go to concerts...they can write whatever music "makes them happy" but when your not tight and sound like you didnt practice it pisses ppl off because they paid money to hear them DO THEIR JOB.....and as far as the new songs go....i think they wrote very good songs, but the production sounds like bubble gum...in my opinion it sounds like the record label is breathing down their neck and wants them to sell records better then they have in the past..thats how major labels work buddy, im sorry you dont know shit about the music industry...and maybe it was their decision to have the record sound like that...either way, my opinion is that its super poppy and sounds like it will have little replay value due to its lack of depth...tbs is lucky they have so many fans like you who will love them no matter what....real fans who care about the music can take a step back and really analyze whats going on...but obviously these are my opinions and yours are yours
Blablabla YOU WEREN'T THERE, poor excuse of a life. This is the most pathetic thing I've seen on ap.net.

Ever.
01:19 PM on 05/01/11
adamoflazzarath
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Blablabla YOU WEREN'T THERE, poor excuse of a life. This is the most pathetic thing I've seen on ap.net.

Ever.

dont worry "A Pilgrim" i wouldn't have much to say after what how i responded to your comment either
01:22 PM on 05/01/11
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Saw them a few days ago, Played everything from TAYF other than The Blue Channel and Head Club. Pretty epic.
01:22 PM on 05/01/11
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
Such an amazing thing to witness. I'm still blown away.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos