Username
Password
The Wonder Years News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Wonder Years
Inside AP.net

The Wonder Years Really Like This Pigeon Named Hank

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (05/12/11)
Today The Wonder Years have announced the "Travelin' Hank" contest. Basically, follow Hank on Twitter for your chance to win free TWY swag in a big city near you, and keep track of Hank's travels right here. Head to the replies to get the full details from Soupy.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
12:01 PM on 05/12/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Did Soupy Or Hank Write This? I Think Hank Wrote The New Record"We're tired of the same contest over and over again. I'm not interested in anyone emailing us a picture of them with The Wonder Years written on their hand or some shit to win an iPod that I don't think actually exists in most contests. Instead, we wanted to get creative with it. Hopefully, at this point, if you're reading this, you're familiar with Hank. Hank is a pigeon and he hangs out with us. Think of him as a tangible projection of how we've always felt about our band, life of the pigeon. He is on the cover of our new record "Suburbia I've Given You All and Now I'm Nothing."

We're sending Hank on a quick US tour. He's going to appear in ten cities for a few hours at a time. If you follow him on twitter (@HankthePigeon) you will get the scoop on where he's going to be and when.

Property of Zack is going to be hosting the blog where you'll get updates from Hank on the road as well as photos, clues, etc. Hank will be twittering clues about his exact location during the time where you need to go and find him. When Hank comes to your town, you've got to track him down and say what's up. You snap a few photos with him and you're on your merry way with some cool prizes. The prizes are as follows:

1. The first 4 people to find Hank in each city will receive a copy of the Don't Let Me Cave In 7" on orange and clear swirl vinyl. This color is limited to 100 copies and you can ONLY get it by finding Hank. It’s never been for sale and it won't be until someone needs to pay their rent and flips it on eBay.

2. Everyone that finds Hank will receive and exclusive signed TWY poster featuring scans of the Polaroids we used for the album artwork. Mitch Wojcik took the photos and he's staggeringly handsome. Trust me. [editor's note: I can testify to this. - Thomas]

3. Everyone that finds Hank will be entered to win two guest spots to your date of Warped Tour this year.

That's the long and short of it. We wanted to do something different that got you out of your computer chair and involved. I hope you have fun with it and when you see Hank, tell him I said what's up."- Soupy
12:06 PM on 05/12/11
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
So cool, wish this was happening anywhere local.
12:13 PM on 05/12/11
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
User Info.
Read this earlier. Such an awesome idea. I'm definitely going to try and score the 7" in San Diego.
12:17 PM on 05/12/11
Fangsup!55
User Info.
seems pretty cool. Too bad it's not coming anywhere near me though
12:18 PM on 05/12/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Such a cool contest
12:19 PM on 05/12/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
Awesome. Didn't they do something similar for The Upsides too?
12:24 PM on 05/12/11
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Pigeon? I thought it was a chicken... ;)
12:27 PM on 05/12/11
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
Wish this was happening in the UK. Great idea for a contest though. Similar to what Mark Hoppus did with the flash keys and bunnies.
12:27 PM on 05/12/11
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
Wish this was in Pittsburgh
12:32 PM on 05/12/11
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Wonder how close this will be to me.

Edit: Just saw the map. Probably will be busy the LA date and SD is too far. Darn.
12:34 PM on 05/12/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Nice idea. They should get on Hank the Pigeon plush toys. Or get him in a version of angry birds or something. Marketing!
12:34 PM on 05/12/11
wall e
@mattobrien37
User Info.
I don't feel like driving up to Boston but if I lived in the city I would definitely do this.

Also, that is the only acceptable usage of the word "swag".
12:36 PM on 05/12/11
billy_yo
Registered Member
User Info.
I just want the 7inch
12:40 PM on 05/12/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Property of Zack is doing big things.

This seems like a fun contest; the date he's hitting Chicago I'll be leaving for Boston so hopefully I can find him before I head out.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums