Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 67
08:57 AM on 05/16/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I don't think someone who doesn't like the band should do a review. The notes Kellin hits are incredible for a mans full voice. I can't believe someone would complain about that. Also you should do a little more research on the band before saying "All My Heart" is the first romantic ballad SWS has released. Besides the whole acoustic album they released, crawling with slow songs, the fourth track on the previous album, "Let Love Bleed Red" is a very personal piece as well. I haven't had a chance to fully listen to the album enough to diagnose it with my thoughts yet, but from what I've heard, I do like. All incredibly talented musicians, which for me, makes them stand out over other bands.
That's funny, I was going to actually point out exactly what you just said. "Let Love Bleed Red" was by far a "romantic ballad". As well, while I think this was a well-written and fair review, I like to hear the perspective of someone who enjoyed a band's prior work.
10:03 AM on 05/16/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I don't think someone who doesn't like the band should do a review. The notes Kellin hits are incredible for a mans full voice. I can't believe someone would complain about that. Also you should do a little more research on the band before saying "All My Heart" is the first romantic ballad SWS has released. Besides the whole acoustic album they released, crawling with slow songs, the fourth track on the previous album, "Let Love Bleed Red" is a very personal piece as well. I haven't had a chance to fully listen to the album enough to diagnose it with my thoughts yet, but from what I've heard, I do like. All incredibly talented musicians, which for me, makes them stand out over other bands.

What acoustic album?
10:54 AM on 05/16/11
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
I have to be honest. I was really looking forward to this and am pretty disappointed. Absolutely loved the first album, but something about the songwriting and lyrics on this one really got to me, at least the second half of the album. I mean I'm not expecting Thrice or Copeland songwriting here, but I felt like I was listening to Metro Station for a while there. Anyway, still love the guys and will listen to the several songs I thought were great.
11:15 AM on 05/16/11
Percipere
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it sounds like broadway because broadway's old guitarist is in the band now.
12:03 PM on 05/16/11
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Is it strange that I enjoy this band, yet loathe A Skylit Drive?
12:31 PM on 05/16/11
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I see this a lot, but SWS never released an acoustic album/EP. Speaking of which, the acoustic song on this album is a million notches below LLBR.
I'm no expert, but the notes are a lot higher on this record. Or at least, it sounds like it. I'll miss their old sound, but this is great as well.
12:35 PM on 05/16/11
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I have to be honest. I was really looking forward to this and am pretty disappointed. Absolutely loved the first album, but something about the songwriting and lyrics on this one really got to me, at least the second half of the album. I mean I'm not expecting Thrice or Copeland songwriting here, but I felt like I was listening to Metro Station for a while there. Anyway, still love the guys and will listen to the several songs I thought were great.
I think their lyrics were always corny/cheesy. But I enjoy those sometimes, James Dean, Audrey Hepburn was choc full of them.
12:37 PM on 05/16/11
leifstar
l.i.a.r.
User Info.
My favorite track is If you can't hang.

And overall I love the album and was really suprised by it the first time I listened to it, glad a I gave it a shot. And I as well loathe A skylit drive.

I do recommend this album to any Broadway fans. It's really catchy and I actually enjoy his voice/screams on it.
01:07 PM on 05/16/11
M.Lee
man I'm pretty
User Info.
I really enjoy this album.
01:28 PM on 05/16/11
John_Barnes
I'm not a self help book.
User Info.
This album is catchier than their debut, and Kellin's voice sounds more natural this time around.
01:33 PM on 05/16/11
Braaadyyyy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just to clear it up to the two people that replied to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLjDbuU-Bc8

No, it's not a studio recorded album but it's what i was referring to, (the whole set acoustic) at the end of the video Kellin gives some details on it. Regardless though this (james dean acoustic) was released, along with You Kill Me, With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear, and Don't fall asleep at the Helm all before Lets Cheers to This.

On a side note - I think/know they can do a lot better then the All My Heart song on the new record.
01:43 PM on 05/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I didn't say I didn't like the band. I didn't like their last album, but that doesn't mean I don't like the band now? I gave this quite a positive review and enjoy the record a lot
01:46 PM on 05/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Is it strange that I enjoy this band, yet loathe A Skylit Drive?
Nope, I'm the same way ha
05:08 PM on 05/16/11
NarcolepsySmile
Registered Member
User Info.
I really like this record a lot. A lot of fun. Fire and If You Can't Hang are my favorites.
05:49 PM on 05/16/11
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
they stepped it up so much for this album

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT