AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 67
06:22 PM on 05/16/11
JoshSalas
User Info.
I love this album. It's a great progression from the debut. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of " Your Nickel Ain't Worth My Dime"?
Just listening to the album for the first time and I 'what'd' at that song, but I actually kinda like it.
06:27 PM on 05/16/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Just listening to the album for the first time and I 'what'd' at that song, but I actually kinda like it.

At times it reminds me of Jonny Craig's solo stuff, but even better
06:32 PM on 05/16/11
JoshSalas
User Info.
Yeah I can see that! definitely better for me, since I don't like Craig's solo stuff very much haha.
06:49 PM on 05/16/11
thelastnameleft
Nah
User Info.
I don't think someone who doesn't like the band should do a review. The notes Kellin hits are incredible for a mans full voice. I can't believe someone would complain about that. Also you should do a little more research on the band before saying "All My Heart" is the first romantic ballad SWS has released. Besides the whole acoustic album they released, crawling with slow songs, the fourth track on the previous album, "Let Love Bleed Red" is a very personal piece as well. I haven't had a chance to fully listen to the album enough to diagnose it with my thoughts yet, but from what I've heard, I do like. All incredibly talented musicians, which for me, makes them stand out over other bands.
That's one of the problems with reviews on AP; they are mostly done by people who have enjoyed the band's previous output, and so are more likely to give an inflated review score. The number of 90+ review scores is disproportionate.
07:03 PM on 05/16/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
My favorite track is If you can't hang.

And overall I love the album and was really suprised by it the first time I listened to it, glad a I gave it a shot. And I as well loathe A skylit drive.

I do recommend this album to any Broadway fans. It's really catchy and I actually enjoy his voice/screams on it.

Speaking of Broadway....I think we've all been patient where is Gentleman's Brawl ?!?!?
07:05 PM on 05/16/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
That's one of the problems with reviews on AP; they are mostly done by people who have enjoyed the band's previous output, and so are more likely to give an inflated review score. The number of 90+ review scores is disproportionate.
True, but in this case the reviewer admits to not liking the début which can be difficult on the reader.
07:08 PM on 05/16/11
WeltallAY
User Info.
Is it strange that I enjoy this band, yet loathe A Skylit Drive?

Not really, I don't find them to be very similar.
07:22 PM on 05/16/11
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is good, but still very generic. Kellin's got good vocals but musically these guys aren't too original.
07:33 PM on 05/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Agreed
07:34 PM on 05/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
It stands out in a good way to me. It personally my favorite vocal performance on the album.

Thanks man, I'm so stoked for Suburbia.
Suburbia will probably be my AOTY ha
07:35 PM on 05/16/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Suburbia will probably be my AOTY ha

I don't see a situation where it won't be mine as well. The Upsides was such an important album for me, so I hope this one does the same for me.
07:50 PM on 05/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I don't see a situation where it won't be mine as well. The Upsides was such an important album for me, so I hope this one does the same for me.
Agreed. Although Codes and Keys may be close, it's beautiful
08:13 PM on 05/16/11
JamesBond
User Info.
wow. these guys toured with Drop Dead Gorgeous last year and I really didn't give them a shot because I only like DD,G. But seeing as they got 77 i'll give em a listen.
08:15 PM on 05/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
wow. these guys toured with Drop Dead Gorgeous last year and I really didn't give them a shot because I only like DD,G. But seeing as they got 77 i'll give em a listen.
What have DDG been up to? I forgot all about them haha
08:36 PM on 05/16/11
Emmure408
User Info.
Hate this band and record. Every time I've had the unfortunate chance of seeing them live, the only people who cheered for them were fat girls in too-tight clothes and guys with braces.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos