Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 67.
08:51 PM on 05/16/11
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
Dude, you have Emmure in your username hahahahaha.
08:54 PM on 05/16/11
Marcos_gun
tastes like green.
User Info.
Am I the only one that loves "Postcards and Polaroids" ? gotta love the riff going thru the song.
09:23 PM on 05/16/11
MALKiiN
User Info.
somewhat enjoy this band. i can't think of any risecore band that is better. emarosa was cool with jonny craig except that he seems like a douche, can't stand dgd [its like scene music for Odd Future followers that thinks they're something unique but really arent], so this band wins.
10:09 PM on 05/16/11
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
I don't think someone who doesn't like the band should do a review. The notes Kellin hits are incredible for a mans full voice. I can't believe someone would complain about that. Also you should do a little more research on the band before saying "All My Heart" is the first romantic ballad SWS has released. Besides the whole acoustic album they released, crawling with slow songs, the fourth track on the previous album, "Let Love Bleed Red" is a very personal piece as well. I haven't had a chance to fully listen to the album enough to diagnose it with my thoughts yet, but from what I've heard, I do like. All incredibly talented musicians, which for me, makes them stand out over other bands.

That's funny, I was going to actually point out exactly what you just said. "Let Love Bleed Red" was by far a "romantic ballad". As well, while I think this was a well-written and fair review, I like to hear the perspective of someone who enjoyed a band's prior work.

i loved the last album and did a review that you can read here (i wanted to write more about some of the songs but had to keep it a little shorter haha): http://mindequalsblown.net/2011/05/s...heers-to-this/

let me know what you think.
10:12 PM on 05/16/11
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
people are always commenting on the fact that you have emmure in your name. i appreciate it.
10:34 PM on 05/16/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
i loved the last album and did a review that you can read here (i wanted to write more about some of the songs but had to keep it a little shorter haha): http://mindequalsblown.net/2011/05/s...heers-to-this/

let me know what you think.
Great review, not to diss the AP.net reviewer but I much prefer yours. You're obviously a fan of the band and through reading your review I feel like I have a much better idea of how the album is. As well, I liked how you offered several points of interest that I personally had not known (ex: Their debut was supposed to be an EP).
10:38 PM on 05/16/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
wow. these guys toured with Drop Dead Gorgeous last year and I really didn't give them a shot because I only like DD,G. But seeing as they got 77 i'll give em a listen.

Was that at the Pyknic Partery Tour ? I saw that as well. I like SWS but they majorly dissapointed live since Kellin screamed many of the sung parts which, to me, seemed like a move to fit in more with the heavy bands they were playing with.
11:50 PM on 05/16/11
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let’s Cheers To This amazing somg
06:04 AM on 05/17/11
JamesBond
User Info.
What have DDG been up to? I forgot all about them haha
I'm pretty sure they called it quits. They haven't toured since they toured with Sleeping With Sirens. Nothing official but Danny is doing some electric nonsense called ManCub or something.
08:05 AM on 05/17/11
LessThanOnyEe
BroknDreams
User Info.
I think this album was great, great progression for the band.
10:26 AM on 05/17/11
Kaku
Listener of the Year
User Info.
Am I the only one that loves "Postcards and Polaroids" ? gotta love the riff going thru the song.
Nope, you are not. :)
02:09 PM on 05/17/11
Jookl
haaaaaaaaaaaa!
User Info.
Well... rise records.
05:41 PM on 05/17/11
Emmure408
User Info.
hot damn, i cannot stop listening to "your nickle ain't worth my dime"
shit makes me wanna party

Dude, you have Emmure in your username hahahahaha.
so?
05:03 AM on 05/18/11
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Solid album, way better than their gimmicky debut, it reminds me a bit of the From First To Last s/t which is a good thing.
11:12 AM on 05/18/11
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
Definitely different. Very pop-dance ish. The chorus is absolutely freaking addicting though haha.

Nice avatar
Okay, I have to ask, what did you think of "A Trophy Father's Trophy Son". I thought it was the best song on the record just because of the vulnerability of the subject...absentee fathers. Most bands in this genre wouldn't even dare write something as emotionally heavy as that.

I like the album too.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums