Sometimes as a staff member here, you come to a crossroad where it's tough to draw the line on what's appropriate and relevant for the site. However, there are certain things you can't ignore and one of them has been the recently popular site Is Anyone Up. Although the interview doesn't provide or contribute groundbreaking insight, we are able to get into the psyche of the site's creator, Hunter Moore. It also provides social commentary and brings up the question about how fragile our moral compasses can be as we can see many people submitting themselves without any thoughts of the repercussions that can arise from it. We thank Hunter for this time with the interview.
1. How did the site get started?
I was at some random club here in San Francisco, and I started flirting with this kinda ugly girl and she started sending me her nudes while I was talking to her. And a little light bulb went off in my head. And that was it. The next day I started a little shitty blog. Which is still shitty but you know.
2. What kind of music do you actually listen to?
The sounds of people crying mixed in with a little dub step.
3. Did you think the site was going to have the impact it has?
Not at all. I actually used to do hair for a few porn studios. So I thought I' just cash in on the porn money. But it became something different.
4. What do you think of the people that submit themselves?
They are people with a lot of problems at home or have daddy issues like me.
5. Have you ever met anyone in real life that you've found/posted on the site?
Haha yea, they send a removal request and I take it down and just start flirting with the girls and get their number. And then I usually have sex with them. And the cycle continues. its really weird.
6. What is your main goal or achievement you hope to accomplish with the site?
That you realize that you did this to yourself.
7. What's been your favorite memory of the site?
When the Zack Merrick pics went trending world wide on twitter. I then realized dicks and tits run our little world.
8. What does the future hold for Is Anyone Up and Hunter?
A lot more nudes. A few more sites. A few more t-shirts being sold. A lot more girls. A lot more drugs. A lot more dudes wanting to fight me.