AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Zack Odom And Kenneth Mount Interview

Posted by - 02:15 PM on 05/20/11
Click here to read an interview with producers Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount in which they discuss tracking the recent Mayday Parade album as well as their thoughts on producing We Are The In Crowd's debut full length.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
03:07 PM on 05/20/11
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Two of the most talented, humble, genuine dudes that I've ever had the privilege of meeting. Love them.
03:25 PM on 05/20/11
Clockwork00
Write it on the walls and read it.
User Info.
Excited about both of these releases. The stuff they said about Mayday's album has me pumped.

Also, for some reason, I thought they had been in it a lot longer than Chroma. Interesting.
04:16 PM on 05/20/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I was already excited for the new Mayday album but now I really can't wait. The way they described how the drums and guitar are being done on this album just makes me have a good feeling about this album. I loved that special vibe that albums like Chroma, A Lesson In Romantics, and Do Overs and Second Chances had. If this new Mayday Album has that it will easily make my top 5 albums of the year.
04:21 PM on 05/20/11
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
I'm glad that they are really proud of the work they did on Cartel's Self-Titled album. That album is fantasatic. F the haters.
04:28 PM on 05/20/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm glad that they are really proud of the work they did on Cartel's Self-Titled album. That album is fantasatic. F the haters.
totally agree. Chroma is a modern classic. Best pop rock album I have heard. I enjoy a lot of pop rock but that one was just executed perfectly. Wills voice made it powerful, the producers helped keep the flow of the album, and the instrumentals sowed it all together. That is an album that I always play from start to finish no matter the occasion.
04:48 PM on 05/20/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Love these guys work, there's something special when they work with the Mayday guys (including Jason). I really think "Lucky Street", would have benefitted with them producing it, "Do Overs" is just too good to top for GR.
07:10 PM on 05/20/11
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
Mayday's new record is among my most anticipated for the year. Just give me a song.
08:06 PM on 05/20/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Love these guys, anything they produce i'll buy I don't even care
08:19 PM on 05/20/11
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
the mayday record really sounds like its going to be a homerun this time around.
09:23 PM on 05/20/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
the mayday record really sounds like its going to be a homerun this time around.
We hope so
09:32 PM on 05/20/11
Clockwork00
User Info.
This. High hopes though.
09:37 PM on 05/20/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
This. High hopes though.
I thought of something they should've done, like have Jason come back to maybe produce the record so it wont turn out shitty. or just co-write it with them.
09:40 PM on 05/20/11
Clockwork00
User Info.
I thought of something they should've done, like have Jason come back to maybe produce the record so it wont turn out shitty. or just co-write it with them.
I heard they asked him on ABH and he didn't, obviously. Honestly, I just hope they make a great record on their own so the Jason comparisons can stop (or at the very least, slow down). If this thing disappoints, then yeah, they should totally pursue that for the next one.
09:52 PM on 05/20/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
I heard they asked him on ABH and he didn't, obviously. Honestly, I just hope they make a great record on their own so the Jason comparisons can stop (or at the very least, slow down). If this thing disappoints, then yeah, they should totally pursue that for the next one.
Oh, I didnt hear that. Well I can see why he didnt, but if these records keep turning out like the last one (which I liked a little) then he really should help them out. I rather them ask him and have the album come out great, then shitty. I really loved ALIR, and really wanna hear something else as good as that

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos